*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814440-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#814440 added April 20, 2014 at 10:20pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
Just getting started in here and I should be in bed asleep already. Oh well, Sundays kind of get our of sync a bit because I don't get up as early for work, so I tend not to be as tired Sunday evenings. Tomorrow it's back to the early alarm, but only for one day, then I have the next three off. I'm ready for it, too. It's been a long three days.

Of course, I really got messed up last week when I was suppose to be off Tuesday and Wednesday, but had to work Wednesday do to a bad winter storm. I got Thursday off instead, but the switch really messed me up for some reason. I don't know why, I have done these fill ins quite often through the winter, and from the start at this job, for that matter. So, working Wednesday shouldn't have knocked me so far out of whack, but it did. Perhaps it was more the lack of sleep that messed me up so much. I only managed about two hours before I had to get back up for work on Wednesday.

Again, I don't know why I couldn't sleep, but I'm guessing it was because I had kind of slept in on Tuesday morning, then could not get to sleep that night. I know eating late was another factor, and the meal was pretty heavy and late. Put them all together and the fact that time kept slipping past faster than it should have, and it made for a late night getting to bed, and then not much sleep once I was in bed.

I did manage to get back into my routine pretty well, being so tired Wednesday and then even with Thursday off, I still was in bed pretty early that night, and again Friday night. I was up a little later last night, but I think I got to bed around ten, so not too late, and then I didn't get up until six this morning so I had a pretty good night sleep, and I slept sound, too. What messed me up this weekend is the double coverage and the increase in traffic for us. I worked eleven and a half hours Saturday, then did a little grocery shopping and came home.

I also worked a couple extra hours on Friday, and I'm not used to the longer hours yet. Also, yard traffic has been pretty slow all winter, especially early in the mornings, on my shift. But that's all changing now, with the nice weather. So longer days and a lot busier. That's got my legs fatigued and my back tight. I had another long day today, with two extra hours, but they were not as busy as yesterday. Tomorrow may be a little longer, too, but it depends on the weather and how heavy the yard traffic is at shift change. I anticipate it to be pretty slow, just a typical Monday. Another two weeks to a month and Monday will be a pretty busy day, but not yet. At least if last year was any indication it won't be busy on Mondays for another two to three weeks.

But, then Sundays are a pretty slow day, too. Easter last year was pretty quiet, with very little yard traffic, but it was enough today to keep me on for an extra two hours. Part of that was the circus was in town today, and a lot of people had come from all over to attend. So before and after, they picked up items while in town. Of course, some of them could have gone to their local store instead of the one here, but I still have not figured that one out.

What I mean is, we have a lot of people come from far away to shop here, when there are the same stores closer, sometimes in the same town. For example, there are two stores in Sioux Falls, the same store, just different location and of course, bigger. One is a little bigger than the one here, the other is a super store, and is a lot bigger. Yet, we will have people from the Sioux Falls area come up here and shop instead of just going to one of the two stores there. And, it's not just Sioux Falls, they come in from Minnesota and from all over the state, even though they often have to drive past closer stores on the trek over here.

I know, there has to be some reason. It just isn't clear to me. Not that it matters, and what ever frosts their cookies, right.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814440-Sunday