*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814445-Those-Little-Green-Balls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#814445 added April 20, 2014 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Those Little Green Balls
Several months ago at an RC airplane swap meet I bought this old antique gull wing flying model. It was in bad shape and there were holes in the covering and several previous owners had attempted modifications that did not turn out very successfully. The person selling it let it go for a ridiculously low price and for the past two weeks it has been in the restoration hanger (Work table) of my shop.

Today I got all the control surfaces working. What remains is mounting the engine and recovering the sides of the fuselage, tail and rudder. When I finish this blog I'll be ordering the components necessary to finish up.

I like antiques, and doing restorations on old things. In addition to my RC airplane hobby I like to work on old cars and trucks. I would have liked to have owned a garage but followed a career in the military instead. That has worked out OK and instead of fixing other people's stuff I can concentrate on my own.

Linda bought a coffee maker into which you put those little round tub cartons and snap down the lid. It is nice to sit doing my blog while enjoying a cup of Joe. You can see that I don't know the proper name for the above coffee maker. It reminds me of a time many years ago in Germany when we had the family of a German coworker over for dinner. As we were eating the son, who spoke pretty good English, looked perplexed and finally said, "Please pass the bowl with the little green balls." He was referring to the "Peas" and didn't know the vocabulary word. Well thats how I feel right now about that darn coffee machine.

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814445-Those-Little-Green-Balls