*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814524-Memories-and-Flashbacks
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#814524 added April 21, 2014 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Memories and Flashbacks
Retirement is good. My wife and I don't have any serious health issues yet and we can do the things we always wanted but never had the opportunity to get into. For example I can work uninterrupted on my homestead, airplanes and cars.

One of the things I do is blogging and I tend to write about whatever came to mind during the day. One is the recollection of memories. A blog can be a legacy to your children and grandchildren who might some day be interested in the life you led. I would love to read the blogs of my ancestors if they had taken the time to journal.

Anyway a memory is always good for a blog's worth. Most of us I'm sure have a memory during the course of our day and why not jot it down? It might not seem like much but it could mean a lot one day to someone interested in your blog entries. I've had plenty of experiences in my life but only certain events seem to percolate up into my daily awareness. These are ideal candidates to write about in the evening before going to bed. Jotting them down in a notebook is a good way to dredge them up from deep memory later and remember what you were thinking about earlier. Some of my memories are not pleasant and it seems that recollections of that ilk are the ones that plague my dreams at night. My bladder has me up several times during the quiet hours and thats a good thing because, I don't have to suffer too long the bad dreams.

At the VA they gave me a medication that takes the sharp edge off my "Dreams from Hell.". The worst are those that take a kernel of truth and blow it way out of proportion making me look like a much worse person than I actually am. For example we all say and do things we wish could do over. I'm particularly prone to foot in the mouth syndrome and while most don't amount to a hill of beans, they return in my dreams distorted far beyond what they ever amounted to in life. I'm sure those people I was insensitive towards have long forgotten what I said, but something inside me hasn't. Why I'm being subjected to these vivid and distorted of flashbacks is something I can't fathom. If JOB were still around I'd ask him. I'm sure he could shed some light on unmerited torment.


© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814524-Memories-and-Flashbacks