*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814763-3-deserted-Island-Books
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#814763 added April 23, 2014 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
3 deserted Island Books
What 3 favorite books would you take with you to a deserted island?


I thought about this for awhile. It's tough to mentally go through thousands of books I've read in my life. I very rarely read a book twice. Sometimes by accident I would buy a book and begin to read it and realize I'd already read it. Since I didn't remember what happened, it was as if I was reading it the first time but with familiar characters.
I am choosing first of all Dan Brown's Deception Point. This book I have on CD and at one time in paperback. I've listened to it a couple of time on CD, skipping to my favorite chapters.  This book is by far his best writing. I did like Da Vinci Code with his attention to historical detail, real or not, it made the story fascinating to follow.

The next book I would choose is Katherine Woodiweiss' Shanna. This book is amazing. It has romance, sex, intrigue, murder and its all wrapped in Historical Fiction.  This was one of her first books after she began to have a following. She began publishing around the time Rosemary Rogers began the Bodice Ripper books.  This book has kept me intrigued for years but I've only read it a few times and its been many years since I picked it up.

This isn't a true accounting because if I were really stranded on a remote Island the only book I would need is the Bible. It has romance, war, redemption, judgment, and miracles all wrapped in 55 "books."
I was shocked to hear a man tell me he only read from the New Testament because that was the only one he understood. My guess was he read the stories. I quoted some scripture that is very well known and he had no idea what it meant. Yes, it was from the New Testament.
I love the old. I love the story of Esther, I love it when she tricks Haman. I love that her uncle gets justice and she saves her people. I love Ruth, a true love story and where we get the verse most used in weddings. "Whither thou goest, I will go. Whither thou lodgest, I will lodge. Thy people shall be my people and thy God my God." I love the song that goes with it too.

If the Bible is a freebie then my choice for my third book is one book containing all three books by J.R.R. Tolkien The Lord of the Rings set. I've never read them but love Peter Jackson's movies.  If I were stranded on an island, it might be a good time to knock those off my bucket list.

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814763-3-deserted-Island-Books