*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814604-What-makes-me-smile
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#814604 added April 22, 2014 at 12:09am
Restrictions: None
What makes me smile
DAY 49 - April 22, 2014: List ten things that make you smile.

If you read yesterday's prompt, you know what makes me laugh or smile. Kids in general always make me smile. I love their lack of inhibitions. My friend has the cutest granddaughter. Since I don't have one of my own, I spoil her. Not too badly, she has many other aunties, gr-aunties/uncles and gr-grandparents. I usually only see her at church, but if I'm shopping and I see a sale in a 2T or 24mo. I'm on it. When she sees me she smiles and it touches my heart. The moment I see her I have a smile on my face.
When I see the little children walk to the front of church and sing their songs, sometimes with all heart and no tone. Sometimes they are so mesmerized by the crowd in front of them all they do is stare and then the unimaginable happens. Dress hems go to the mouth, boys will pull their shirts up to cover their faces or pick their nose. It all happens when there are 50 little kids from 2-12 or so all trying to sing.

One other item makes me smile and has kept me smiling for years, Anne Geddes babies. She is an amazing photographer who puts newborns to 1yr olds into costumes. I had her baby books that I kept for a number of years and gave them to a little boy with Downs syndrome. He was fascinated by the babies in the odd costumes. He smiled and that made my heart swell so big. 
I'm so thankful there are little babies and toddlers at our church to make me smile and wash the worries of life away for an hour or so. 

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814604-What-makes-me-smile