*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814773-The-Storm-of-stress
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#814773 added April 23, 2014 at 2:35pm
Restrictions: None
The Storm of stress
I write this with a flavor of eating humble pie. I happened to leave my lights on as my wife and I were about to get something done. All manner of storms were lit by that one occurence. It was painful and humiliating at the same time. I did not realize that the stresses of life could stir up so much windiness, torrential raining, along with thunder and lightening.

The storm has since quelled and both me and my wife were able to embrace after the debacle was over. I am amazed at what lurks underneath and explodes when we least expect it. I was ready to call it quits, because of how hurt I felt. My wife was in similar straits for fear of being shamed. Once the wind of our voices was vented, other elements of the storm departed. We could both learn. We no longer needed thunder and lightening to make our point and the desire to rain (reign) on each other was leaving us both feeling out of control. God is good and in God's good time the rainbow takes place after the storm of stress.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814773-The-Storm-of-stress