*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814838-Real-Sight
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#814838 added April 26, 2014 at 4:20am
Restrictions: None
Real Sight
Looking out my window, I have the pleasure of watching the sun rise every single day, and today it is brighter than ever!

With my eye condition, (AMD), I have learned to take in all of the beauty that I can find. Even though I have always loved trees, skies, sunrises, sunsets, the ocean, birds, and all the other beauties found in nature, they seem to be more beautiful now that there is a possibility that I will eventually go blind.

You do not think about how the loss of your sight will deny you the pleasure of the most simple things, things that you have always taken for granted. Two years ago, I was devastated at the news of possibly losing my sight, and I cried and cried some more until one day, I asked "why are you wasting all this time crying when you could really be seeing?" From that day forward, I have not cried once about the "possible" loss of my sight.

I am spending my time seeing. Seeing the bird that comes to chirp on my back porch railing. Watching Foxy Grey chase them across the yard. Hearing the birds chirp and chatter one to the other about what's going on. Hearing the crickets in my bathroom and watching them jump. Appreciating the buds on the trees that are slowly turning into leaves, and once bare trees full of flowers and leaves and birds. What a wonderful world!

Seeing with the mind's eye is just as important as seeing with the natural eye. Capturing the beauty around us is important to the soul and our connection to the world. Until you face your vulnerability, you don't quite appreciate what you already have, and that is why we push aside our simple lives to make and build our false glamour as if we can improve on what God has already given us.

Seeing a sunrise or sunset is one of the most beautiful fleeting moments on earth. A glimpse of colors that can only be imitated on canvas, but held in the mind for years to come.

Watching a red-breast robin sit proudly on the grass plucking away at a worm that just won't give in to become the Robin's meal is a cycle in motion that the eye sees, but the soul understands the struggle between the two.

Sharing your life with a cat that is aging with you and watching the changes occur also shows up in your vision as part of life's every changing cycle that is seen by the eye as well as the mind's eye. Both making conclusions that provide you with information that you needed no time to think about or digest. It is what it is real sight that will probably last long after my eye sight is long gone.

Can real sight be found in memories?

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.





© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814838-Real-Sight