*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814821-A-Little-Bit-of-Kindness
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#814821 added April 24, 2014 at 8:45am
Restrictions: None
A Little Bit of Kindness
Today, I was very pleasantly surprised to have someone on Writing.com check in with me to see, if I was okay and to wish me a speedy recovery with my eyes.  I was very surprised at how much that meant to me even though I have been told by at least two of my children that I only write on a regular basis because someone "may be" reading what I am writing.  That may be true, but then, I have written for years and kept most of what I have written buried.  So, maybe having someone reading it now has emboldened me, but it has not increased my need or lessened my need to write.

Through the pain in my eye, I was able to laugh and really appreciate the shout out, and later the second response when I expressed how much the shout out had meant to me.  The human mind really does not need a lot to make it feel good, to rejoice and to live, but it needs that little moment of kindness!

Connieann, you made my day, and I am glad to have you as a friend on WDC.  Thank you for a little bit of kindness this morning.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/814821-A-Little-Bit-of-Kindness