*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815053-A-Fresh-Start
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#815053 added April 26, 2014 at 1:00pm
Restrictions: None
A Fresh Start
It's been a strange and frustrating week. The weather has varied from day to day; one being warm and dry, the next cloaked in cold, damp mist. The forecasters haven't done a very good job this week meaning plans have been dashed and altered.

We had the grandmonsters stay over the Easter weekend and spent it knee deep in toys, chocolate and chaos. It took us several days to recover. They'll be back again tomorrow.

My mood is not helped by the almost constant presence of hubby. Clacking crutches, nose blowing, too loud television and late night crunching offend my ears and with the prospect of no holidays, breaks or relief until months after an operation he hasn't got a date for yet, there seems little chance of any respite.

My reflexology session was cancelled on Tuesday. I couldn't go out with my friend on Wednesday as she had to babysit one of her grandsons who was off school after a stay in hospital. Another friend was supposed to join me for a lunch date yesterday, but the dizzy dame forgot to turn up. *Rolleyes*

After completing my Ninja Turtle sweater for Dylan, I decided to make myself a jumper on my knitting machine. Things were going well until yesterday when the whole thing jumped off the machine for no explicable reason. So, it's back to the drawing board.

Dental appointments have left me broke and now I've received an optician's appointment through the post and I'm pretty sure I'll need new specs and that will need a lottery win to finance it.

My diet isn't going well, I seem to be permanently tired, my sister's been away on holiday and I've missed her, my hair needs washing and I've lost track of the price of carrots.

But you know me...never one to complain. *Laugh*

I joined a new writing class at our local library. The first session was last Thursday morning at a time I don't normally see. The tutor seems pleasant enough, but he's young, (who isn't these days?) had no specific work organised and he can't spell. Most of the other group members have attended before, are familiar with each other and seem very confident. I shall reserve judgement.

But at least I'm making an effort with writing and have already completed the given assignment, which was to answer a series of questions about writing in a show not tell manner, rather than straightforward responses.

I'll be interested to hear how the others have interpreted this and will report my own feedback next week hopefully...but only if it's good.

© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815053-A-Fresh-Start