*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815098-Tennis-and-Love
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#815098 added April 27, 2014 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
Tennis and Love
I got to play my six foot three son today. My racket was being strung, so that meant I had to use one of his older rackets. Last time we played he whipped me six to one. This day would be different. I eked out a win seven games to five. *BigSmile*


One of the ongoing themes through out the forty years I have played in the intermingling of joy and love. In this match my son's serve was not as good as usual and my serve was more often than not in. In the course of playing I hit two shots that would have been considered illegal in a professional typ of match. One of the shots involved me racing after a shot that my son had put wicked spin on the ball and I mean wicked as in evil. The ball bounced and threatened to go back over the other side. I raced as fast as I could barely got to the ball and went barrelling into the net out of breath. I must have looked like a fish out of water.*Pthb*


The second shot happened on one of my second serves. I probably would have lost that game if it had been counted against me. I hit a wicked serve after a double hit. Tim was lucky to even get it back. No big fuss was made at the time. We played on and sure enough I won that game and the set. I was full of joy after it was over. I also felt loved. Tim reminded me of the two shots I have already mentioned. On other times he has talked like he was just fooling around. Today he was filled with a sense of respect for what accomplished. In a sense we both won love, love.
*Delight*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815098-Tennis-and-Love