*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815119
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Book · Fantasy · #1988750
A story where people survive by raiding the island of demons.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#815119 added April 27, 2014 at 2:38pm
Restrictions: None
Ch. 1 The World We Live In
A young man in his early 20s sat with a little girl. The man had black hair in a tail with the sides and back shaved. He had two tattoos of long ships on the sides of his scalp. On the back were tattoos of waves and white caps of an ocean. His blue eyes matched the ink that he had the tattoos ink. The man had a mustache that had the two sides in braids with little rusted bells. The tail of hair he had was in a braid that went down to his mid back. His body was well developed with scars here and there on his shirtless body. The skin was tanned from years of being exposed to the two blue suns that could be seen above him in the sky. The man wore a pair of brown pants with a light brown belt. On the belt was a metal ring with a one handed axe hanging inside.

The girl he sat with was on his lap with her curly short brown hair. Her blue eyes were like the man's indicating a relationship between the two. She had paler white skin than him. She wore a red jean top with six metal buttons holding the front closed. The top was sleeveless and looked good with the white frilly skirt.

A woman sat across from the pair under the half roof. She was a brunette like the little girl. Her pregnant belly was evident even under the orange maternity dress. Her bosom was larger to prepare the feeding of her new children. Her green eyes dropped in tire as she was between sleep and wake.

The woman said to the man who was looking up at the suns while holding his daughter, “Royeron, tell your wife what is on your mind.â€

Royeron the father took his eyes away from the two blue orbs in the light blue sky, “The suns are getting dimmer again. I'm worried I won't be able to greet our new children into this world. The raids is soon to be coming.â€

The little girl looked up at Royeron, “Daddy, what are the raids?â€

With a small grin Royeron looked at his daughter as he began to bounce his hip, “Well little Nolamon, they are a great adventure. They happen the sixth month of every two years. The raids is a time of when people leave home for a month. To live in great venture, and bring back some of the tastiest meats and fruits of all time.â€

Nolamon interrupted her father, “Fruit? What's fruit?â€

Royeron explained to the young girl, “You know those onyx berries right? The ones at the market?â€

The girl nodded at the bitter fruit, “Those are a fruit, but the fruit that comes from the raids. It is juicy, it is delicious and will make those onyx berries taste even worse than they do now.â€

Nolamon then make a gagging noise of disapproval. The wife giggled at her daughter's antics as Royeron said to his wife, “And that is what my thoughts are Roisany.â€

The door opened as an older woman came into the room. She had blonde hair with a few white hairs here and there. Her left eye was blue and her right eye blind. She wore a flowing brown red dress that danced on the stone floor.

The woman went over to Roisany as she put her ear on the pregnant belly. She listened for the heart beats. She heard them as she then felt one of them kick. Roisany cringed a bit as she soon smiled and saw Royeron smile.

The woman then pulled back as she said with a nod, “They are still good. I believe that they will be born a week before the Raids.â€

Royeron lost his smile as he said not too fond of the idea, “Only a week with my born?â€

The woman nodded as she turned to walk out, “Now, help your wife up to her feet.â€

Royeron nodded as he stood up and put Nolamon down. The pair walked over to Roisany as Royeron helped her up to her feet. The three walked outside to a cart that had a front to it that looked like a trike. Royeron looked at the land to see that it was still barren of plant life like a desert.

Royeron pulled down the stairs to let his wife climb up them. She sat down in the chair as Nolamon climbed up. Royeron closed the steps as he went to the tricycle front. Royeron began to turn the peddles as he began to drive the tricycle cart through the town. Sweat came off his brow as he looked in the mirrors behind him. He took a look to the left and then right as he soon came to a stop. He waited until one of the peace keepers held up a red sign. Traffic was clear as he was given a blue sign and he began to peddled to the right turning onto a new road.

Royeron peddled through the streets until he got to a large house. He was panting as he got to the large house. The house was surrounded by a 14 foot tall wall. The roof of the house could be seen by Royeron from a distance and began to sink under the wall the closer he got. He pulled up to the wall's gate as he panted. Standing up off the trike he pulled from his pants a key and put it into the gate's key hole. The shaft had a mold of three plates with a thin stick at the end. As he pushed the key through the first plate slid into resistant as the other two plates fit perfectly with the key hole. If the second plate had been longer then it would have met resistance at the first wall and the key would not fit. But sense the key lined up with the walls the thin stick stuck out on the other side. He turned the key to the left as the stick went to the left and hit a lever. The lever was pushed down as the other end of the lever was lifted up freeing the door's locking mechanism. Royeron pushed up the gate doors as he pulled out the key and put it in his pocket.

Royeron got onto the trike as he peddled into the yard. He got off as he closed the gate and put the lever back into place barring the door close. Royeron then got back onto the trike as he peddled it to the front door. Standing up he pulled down the stairs as he helped Roisany off the stairs as he said to Nolamon and Roisany, “I'm going to put this in the shed. Nolamon, if you could get daddy a tall glass of filtered water and a small one of good water, that would be nice. Also, get your mother a small pitcher of the good water with a small cup.â€

Nolamon nodded as she said with a smile, “Yes, Daddy.â€

Royeron began to pulled the trike and carriage into the large shed. Inside were one trike and a large cart with four trikes on the front. It was a family vehicle for long travels and was designed to use the power of four people to drive it. He parked the personal trike into the shed as he stood up and fetched a blue linen t-shirt from the cart. He walked as he had drops of sweat drip from him like a steady series of droplets. As he went to the doors he opened them with a slam to the lever. The doors swung up as he closed them and put the lever back into place.

He saw servants as he walked to one of them. He then said to one who was a pale white man with brown eyes and a shaved head, “Prepare me a bath.â€

The servant nodded in his loin cloth as he walked away. He walked around a corner as Royeron sat on a wooden bench with his wife. He saw the tall clay made glass as he picked it up. He looked inside to see a few flakes of brown or green. It was as filtered as it could get. Royeron took the cup to his mouth as he began to drink it swallowing it with the fervor of thirst. After the last few drops went into his gullet he took the small bigger than a shot glass clay cup. Inside was clear water, no flakes or anything visible to the eye. He drank it and decided to not swallow it. Swishing it in his mouth he cleaned his mouth as he finally swallowed it and sighed. He breathed out a sigh of relief as the taste in mouth was fresh.

Royeron watched as his wive poured herself a glass from a small blue clay pitcher. She then took a sip from the glass made of white clay.

Royeron stood up as he then said to his wife, “I'll be back.â€

Royeron walked to a room that had a large tub dug into the floor. It was lined with stones with water drawn by the servant. Royeron then reached into his pants as he pulled out a small purse. He poured out of the purse a few diamond and triangle pieces of metal. They were of different colors with small gems inside or different symbols on them. He took two copper triangles with hawks etched into them. He gave them to the servant who smiled as he bowed to Royeron. He then said to the higher status man, “Thank you for the generous tip.â€

Royeron replied to the servant, “You've had to put up with me and my wife. I know we pay you and your family well every two months. But, I believe you deserve an extra couple of pieces.â€

The servant nodded as he accepted the pieces placing them in a pocket in the loin cloth. Royeron said as he stripped out of his clothing taking care of the axe, “Please put these away and bring me some new clothes?â€

The servant nodded as he walked away with the pants, shirt, belt and axe. Royeron walked into the bath as he felt the cold water wash over his sweaty body. He took a rough cloth as he began to wash his body of the dirt and grime.

Royeron later exited the bath as the drain was pulled by the servant. Royeron was now dressed again a pair of black pants with a light brown belt with green linen shirt. His axe was back in it's ring as he waled through the house.

He walked to a kitchen where a man was sitting. The man had a midriff long black beard with white at the end. His right eye was covered by a leather patch. His left eye was a emerald green that was riddled with age. His tanned skin had scars from years of battle and survival. A raccoon tattoo was on his left shoulder with his only remaining arm. The right arm was gone more than likely from an injury.

The man had two guards wore armor that imitated raccoons. The man said to Royeron, “Royeron, my son, how are my unborn grand children?â€

Royeron said to the man, “They are good my chief. My wife, your daughter, is doing very good. Our children will be born about a week before the raids. Now, I have a question for you. Am I going to be on these raids?â€

The chief said to his son in law, “Yes, we need a veteran such as yourself. When you come back your children will still be here to greet you.â€

Royeron nodded as he said to the chief, "Very well, my chief."

© Copyright 2014 FlashWally22 (UN: m-2mousecyborg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FlashWally22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815119