*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815175-Random-Acts-of-Kindness
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#815175 added April 29, 2014 at 12:29pm
Restrictions: None
Random Acts of Kindness
Random Acts of Kindness

There are days when I get up and start stirring around that I am moved to doing random acts of kindness.  I just feel so good in my spirit that I want to share what has been given to me.  It is not my job to worry about whether or not I should do it, or for whom I should do it.  I just look for the opportunity to do it.  Some days, I am blessed and I get to show random acts of kindness to several people.  Other days, I only get to share with a few.  Regardless of the number of people that I get to share with, I am always richly rewarded.

The best random acts of kindness are those I do for complete strangers.  They always believe that there is an ulterior motive for my random act of kindness.  They need or accept it, and wait for the other shoe to fall.  No shoe, and that is when you see the joy.  When you feel the love, especially, if they were truly in need of the deed.  Relatives and friends who know you are not as easily surprised.  In fact, they are surprised when you do not do anything special for someone.

The joy and the happiness that comes from just being nice is indescribably delicious!  I offer the notion that you just might want to try this.  Usually, it does not cost very much.  A minute or two of your time here and there could change the life of someone going through.  It could make the difference in a mother's life who's husband just died.  Or even a friend, who just need someone to listen.  What you do does need a price tag, just a touch and a moment of recognition.

Random acts of kindness are good for the soul.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815175-Random-Acts-of-Kindness