*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815542-Thursday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#815542 added May 1, 2014 at 10:09pm
Restrictions: None
Thursday
I should have had this finished some time ago, but things did not progress as planned. Today was a work day, so I was up around three and didn't get home until after noon. Then, it was a matter of eating some lunch and getting started on some work I need to get done. But, last night was a bit late for me, so I was tired. Rhonda was also tired, and she suggested we take a nice nap. That was it for me, and soon I was sound asleep, not getting up until about three in the afternoon.

We had coffee and talked a little, then headed over to the local garage to talk to the mechanic about our van. He had finished changing the fuel filter and taken it for a test drive, but the problem persisted. He did have some suggestions of what we could try and what codes are present. He didn't charge us anything for the work he did, since it did not help out with the problem, and since I had brought in the parts, so we thanked him and brought it home.

I set out to do some work on the computer for my job, and Rhonda also got busy with some things she wanted to get done. I finished one task then started on another, but the PDF would not let me fill in any information. I uploaded it to my computer/online fax service and filled everything out there, but when it came to signing, it would not let both Rhonda and I sign it. Either could sign both places, but it just would not let two sign the forms.

By this time, supper was ready, and I set things aside and we ate a nice, but light meal. Then I tried again, but there was no getting it to work, so I closed out the program and we watched the rest of a program we had started. Then, after it was done, I started this, while Rhonda took the two dogs out. She will be back in soon, and then we will enjoy a bit of ice cream before we turn in for bed. Tomorrow I work again, and it will be a longer day. Then, Saturday will be real long, and possibly Sunday, but Monday should be back to normal, then three days off.

I'm hoping I don't have to work the full day tomorrow, so I can get home and do the paperwork over that I didn't get done today. I will have to figure out a different way to fill it out, then print it and sign everything, then fax it from work. It's kind of a run-around way of doing it, but until I can get it set up to let me fill in the needed areas, I don't know of any other way to do it.

I was suppose to go fishing this afternoon, but I actually didn't feel up to it. The weather's been very cold, wet, and windy, and today wasn't much better. It did warm up a bit more, but only into the lower fifties, and the wind was still blowing strong. I was tired, cold, and had things I wanted to get done, even though that didn't happen. I did get a nice nap in, and that helped, and by Tuesday, it's looking like it's going to be a lot nicer. I'll have the day off, and it will be much better to go fishing then. Well, unless the forecast changes, and that's almost an hourly practice of late.

Now, it's time to finish this, dish up some ice cream and watch a little television with Rhonda, then off to bed. She's back in and the two dogs are stretched out, Hyko on the rug, and Hannah by my feet. Rhonda is playing a game on her computer, and I'm about one hundred words shy of my required seven hundred and fifty. If you haven't read some of my past entries, you wouldn't know it, but I write in another site called 750 Words, then copy and paste my entry in my journal. It's something I did in the past and I started using the site again. It's a nice blank space to write in with no distractions, and it holds me to a minimum number of words I have to write to get my daily credit.

It also logs how fast I write, how many words for the day, how many days in a row, as well as how many days I've written total, and my total number of words since joining. It's kind of an interesting breakdown of what I write, although it's not always true in it's description compared to what I actually have written.

Well, that's eight hundred and counting, so I'm good for the day...

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815542-Thursday