*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815877-I-Cooked-Dinner-542014
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#815877 added May 5, 2014 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
I Cooked Dinner 5/4/2014
I actually cooked and had a friend over for dinner today.  It started me thinking.  What happened to my love for entertaining?  As a young person, I was the party thrower.  I would throw a party just because.  Now, I think about it, and more often than not, think, "tho is going to clean up the mess?"  That takes care of the party.  Well, that thought did not take over today, and I am now cleaning up the mess.  Gosh, even small dinner parties are hard to clean up after.

My reason today was simple, I have not cooked a meal since December.  None.  My grandsons were hanging out with me, and I thought "Today would be a great day to cook for them.  So, I did."  Simple meal.  Turnip greens (a gift from a very young friend), candied yams, corn bread, mac and cheese, fresh dinner rolls, barbecue chicken, and a nice bottle of wine.  The meal was great.  I thought as I prepared it, that I should share it with a friend, and so I did.

She was very gracious and brought with her carrot cake muffins.  We sat, ate, chatted, and then watched a movie.  It was such a wonderfully relaxing evening, and I thoroughly enjoyed the grandsons, that somehow made the clean up much easier.

All and all, a very pleasant evening.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815877-I-Cooked-Dinner-542014