*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815981-Merit-Badges-and-Recognitions-on-WDC
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#815981 added May 6, 2014 at 1:56am
Restrictions: None
Merit Badges and Recognitions on WDC
When I first joined WDC, I had no clue what the numbers behind my name meant.  Well, truth be told, I did not know what anything on WDC meant, AND I really did not care.  I had found a place to write, post, organize, and save my writings.  Back then, I did not concern myself with any of the pluses on the site.  Just too happy and too thrilled to finally expose my writings to the eyes of others.

As per usual, I got that one (1) behind my name.  Then Siscok gave me a badge.  Then I told a few friends and relative about WDC.  A few signed on.  Some stayed.  I got some more numbers behind my name.  This kept happening to me.  The WDC Angel Army gave me a plaque, and then another one.  Writing. Com Support Staff, and the Storymistress, and the list kept growing.  On my anniversary more recognitions were hurdled my way, but my proudest moment came the day I was given my yellow suitcase.  Boy did I agree that yellow looked good on me!

Today, I achieved my 44th community recognition -- my seventh (7th) merit badge for reviewing.  I just thought, what an achievement.  I am still working on my reviewing skills, but I am motivated to continue to try to do this particular activity daily -- not there yet, but it is a goal just like trying to keep up this blog that is continuously changing in substance.  I take my badges seriously, and want to personally thank everyone that deemed me worthy of them.  I have not mastered the art of displaying them and/or my signature from Marci or my reviewing ribbons from the WDC Angel Army, but I will eventually master those skills. 

What a nice way to recognize members for their contributions to the site.  Let me not forget the gift points that I have been awarded over the almost two years that I have been here.  They may not be cash, but after a while you begin treasuring them and using them to help others on the site.  I periodically purchase a few, but I also earn quite a few, and that motivates me to do other things on WDC.

So, what am I trying to say?  Simple.  I am humbled and proud of the recognition given to me during my tenure on WDC. No pain in this relationship!

A hearty thank you to everyone who have made my stay at WDC a pleasure.  Now,, write on.  WRITE ON!

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815981-Merit-Badges-and-Recognitions-on-WDC