*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815964-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#815964 added May 5, 2014 at 10:49pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
It's kind of late again tonight, and once again I'm just getting in here. No reason tonight, I was online earlier and could have written this then, but instead I was doing a bit of reading. I had just gotten up from a nap, and just didn't feel fully awake yet, so I thought I would read a spell and then get going with this entry. Only, dinner got done so we ate, then we watched a DVD, and now here I am.

I worked today, getting up around three and working by five, but I was done around eleven today. It was nice after the weekend, and those long days. It did get kind of busy this morning but then it slowed back down. Rhonda worked her regular shift and another guard provided the double coverage. It was slow enough that Rhonda decided to come home early today, which was nice for her, too.

Now, it's a couple of days off together for us, then she goes back on Thursday and I go back on Friday. Next week, though, we both get three days off together. It's going to be nice having the time off, but at the same time, I have a lot to do, so I'm not really going to get to just relax and take it easy. Tomorrow, if it's nice, I am going to go out and do a spot of fishing with my brother, but I have other things I need to work on as well.

The top priority is the van, and I have fifty bucks worth of material I picked up to fix it with. I'm not sure if the problem is the water leaking on the computer or not, but the tip we seen online indicated this was the situation we are having. The same problems as us, the same van, and the same year, so it sounds pretty likely. What it is, the water runs down the windshield and then under the hood. There is suppose to be a weather seal under the cowling to protect the wire harness that attaches to the computer, but it begins to leak in time. This allows water to run down on this plug, which then corrodes up and causes the problems we are having.

Since the symptoms are the same, the codes are the same, and it's the same vehicle and year, it sounds like we may have finally discovered the source of our problems. Now, I just need to pull the cowling off, clean and dry the plug, then fill it with dielectric grease and put it all back together. The tip said to put more weather stripping down, but that's just going to start to leak in time, so I purchased a rubberized roofing sealer that will stay flexible, handle high heat, and should seal things up tight again.

Now, it's just a matter of getting the time and having the weather to work outside. I have no place to put it out of the weather, so we need it to be pretty nice for the next few days. The last I looked, an increasing chance of rain and thunderstorms all week, and it sounds like a strong wind will move back in tonight, as well. But, someone at work said they heard it was suppose to be nice though the weekend. I hope he's right.

I'm not sure about fishing tomorrow or not, it also depends on the weather. If it's windy like I seen forecast, I doubt it, but the weather changes faster than I can keep tabs on it out here, so I won't know until I get there. Fishing would be fun, if it's nice out. Being in a boat, with my brother driving and the wind blowing is not a fun experience. Not that it has anything much to do with him, except that would be the reason I'd be out there.

No, it's just the rest of it, big waves, boat pitching and water spraying up. It won't take long to get wet, and then cold, being out in a boat in weather like that. I work in it enough, I just can't get excited about fishing in it. Then to top it off, the wind is suppose to come out of the east tomorrow, or at least the last I heard. The saying states that fish don't bite on an east wind, so we may be out there, wet, cold, and with no fish. But like I said, we will see what it looks like tomorrow.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/815964-Monday