*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816080-Talents-In-The-Glass-Of-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#816080 added May 6, 2014 at 6:22pm
Restrictions: None
Talents In The Glass Of Time
May 6, 2014


Welcome to My Reality

Share one of your talents with us (preferably non-writing related). Is it a natural talent or a skill you worked at? Does anyone in the family share your talents?

Singing is a talent I believe I was born with. Even though, it is natural I did have to work at it to develop it.

I sang my first solo at 4 years old in a preschool play. In fact, I was the only one to have a solo. I also took voice lessons in college to help develop my talent.

My only regret is that I didn't try to have a career in country music. I have a feeling that I might have been successful. Oh well, since it didn't happen, I figured that God had other plans for me.


Blog City

Do you consider your glass half-full or half-empty?

I consider it half-full. To me, it's the best way to look at life. I believe in always looking for the positive things in life. Looking for the negative things in life is just down right depressing.


Blogging Circle of Friend

What current musicians do you think will stand the test of time?

This is a hard topic for me because modern music has really disappointed me. As the song "Whose Gonna Fill Their Shoes" by George Jones states, all of the good singers are gone.

However, I do like 2 modern singers: Lana Del Rey and Adele. I also like a local band called Honeyboy and Boots. They have some videos on You Tube if you are interested in hearing their unique sound.

Thankfully, these legendary singers are still alive and actively performing.

Kris Kristofferson
Leonard Cohen
Isla Grant
Al Grant

All four of these singers have videos on You Tube if y'all don't know who they are.


News In My World!

Mom and I sang in the mission's benefit concert last night. It went very well, and the black dress I bought was a great choice because it made me look at least 20 pounds thinner. It really boosted my confidence too. Who would have ever thought a simple black dress could do so much?

I finished reading the book, Matchless by Gregory Maguire this morning. I read it in only an hour. I'm also very close to finishing Small Sacrifices by Ann Rule (only two chapters left) and Skeleton Crew by Stephen King (six short stories left to read in it). I have started reading the following books in the last few days: Writing with Style by John Trimble, Perfect Nightmare by John Saul, Tales of Mystery and Terror by Edgar Allan Poe, and What the Dickens by Gregory Maguire.

I checked my list of books read, and I realized that I have only read 20 books of far. I still have 80 books left to read in order to accomplish my goal of reading 100 books by Dec 31st. I've also fallen short of my weight loss goal too. I've only lost 11 pounds so far, and my goal is to lose 100 by Dec 31st. I still have 89 pounds to go!

At least, I can say that I finished editing my novel and it has been accepted for publication. I did accomplish those goals so far. I've also started on my second novel, Bloodshed on the Blue Moon. I didn't even plan on starting that until November, so I'm ahead of the game on that one.

I've got to go now and start supper. I'm fixing soy chicken strips, baked fries, and English peas. For dessert, I've fixed a raspberry white chocolate cheesecake made from cream cheese made of tofu.

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816080-Talents-In-The-Glass-Of-Time