*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816199
Rated: GC · Book · Crime/Gangster · #1967095
A book about an unlikely superhero, the jealous kind. Join Perry in his adventures!
#816199 added February 2, 2019 at 3:47pm
Restrictions: None
Ch. 11 Rescue the Highway!
Several people stood outside of the White House as they held up signs for boycott.  They shouted chants as a few of the signs said what they were chanting about.  'Able equality', 'Pay Ables for their work', 'Equality for all' 'Allow Ables into Military' and another sign saying 'Allow Able-Normal Marriage'. 

The people standing outside of the White House that were holding the signs were of all shapes, sizes and colors.  Some had wings, others had multiple eyes, some with purple skin and others that looked normal with the exception glowing eyes.  And others had different oddities about them.

Several soldiers stood in front of the boycotters.  There were some other boycotters that were holding up signs demanding death for Ables and that God hates Ables.  Soldiers stood between the two boycotting groups.

Shields were held up defending the soldiers.  One of the soldiers aimed his gun at the crowd of the crowd of Ables and Humans supporting Able rights.  He pulled the trigger letting bullets fly at the various bodies.  The bullets were rubber non lethal rounds. 

Several people were hurt and hit as a person in the crowd glared.  He gripped his hands into fists.  He had brown hair with brown eyes.  His skin was tanned with a few freckles on his hands.  He wore a red jacket with his black pants.  He felt his blood course through him as he began to activate his Able power. 

A hand was placed on his shoulder as he then stopped slightly startled.  He turned his head to look at the stone hand on his shoulder.  The hand felt like stone, but was deceivingly painted to look like a real human.  His skin peach with unblinking green eyes.  His spikey 'hair' was black and short going every which way.  He wore a brown soft leather belt with his blue jeans.  He wore a black short sleeve shirt that had a blue jean vest worn with it.

He shook his head as he said to boy, "No, when they kill us then you may use your power against them.  We must show we are better than them."

A human in the other crowd pulled out his sawed off shot gun.  He rushed the soldiers knocking them out of the way.  He pulled the trigger as a buck shot hit a yellow skinned girl with warts.  She hit the ground as she let out a gasp.

Two people screamed as people began to run as the stone man stepped forward.  He reached into the pouches on his belt as he threw several stone shaped beetles into the air.  They flew as they became a fury that man should not take lightly. 

The stone man had thousands of stone beetles fly around his lower half.  He began to float as he said to soldiers below, "If you want to live, then get out of my way.  The girl did not deserve to die!"

The girl with warts and yellow skin began to bleed out so much that her eyes closed.  People went to as the stone man then opened his right hand at the soldiers, "You had your chance!"

Several of the stone beetles rolled up as they became golf ball sized and began to rain down upon the soldiers.  A few of the soldier that weren't issued rubber bullets took fire on the stone man. 

The stone man reached into his belt as he pulled out a small stone lion.  He touched it as green particles flew around it.  The lion animated as it made a small roar.  Dropping it the stone man moved back as it went into the pavement.  The pavement and concrete glowed green as several pieces flew into the air in an explosion.  From the dust was a giant stone made lion two stories high.  The stone man landed on the lions head as he said to the soldiers and human protesters who were now scattering, "Ables will not be ignored!  We are not allowed to marry normal humans in the United States.  We are not allowed to get the same pay for our powers could make things easier for us.  And we are not afforded the same rights when arrested, treated harsher punishments because we have the power of guns and swords.  If fear us so much that you see need to control us.  Then know that like any oppressed people the few that have power will raise to defend and fight for their fellow oppressed people serving the occasion."

A man armed in white armor with a flag cape landed as he aimed his hand up at the stone man.  He then said to him, "This is American White, you have 50 seconds to surrender Caillou."

Caillou then looked at American White as he said raising his arm, "You will not defeat me man in a can."

American White had a pair of barrels exit his forearm as they began to fire multiple bullets.  They hit the stone skin with a few going inside, but none were fatal. 

Caillou then said to American White as his first attack failed, "Caillou, french for pebble.  That is what I've been called all my life.  And one day I found that a pebble can be very useful."

Caillou pulled out from his belt a stone beetle.  He continued saying as green particles brung the stone beetle to life, "That when you throw a pebble you cause vibrations that cause ripples and shocks to all other forms of matter and mass.  Allow me to demonstrate this."

American White's back opened as a large rocket exited ready to fire.  The rocket was taking in conditions and variables as the stone beetle shot forth at it.  The stone beetle became a sphere as it slammed into the small extenders and stabilizers that held the rocket in place.  The rocket fell as it exploded upon impact of American White's back armor.

Hitting the ground was the hero as Caillou shouted to the news media that finally came on scene, "A message to your leaders, free Ables and I will stop."

Caillou slowly began to crack as did all the stone statues as they crumbled into pieces.  People began to talk or panic.

At Rossview High School


Perry put down his head phones from his computer as he sat in an computer lab.  He looked at the video made by one of the protesters at the white house.  He sat back in his hair as he said to himself, "Man, that's scary.  Caillou the famous Able Rights terrorist here in the United States.  Man, that's going to stink."

Perry heard a bell as he stood up and smiled as he said looking at the computer, "Nice, school is out for me."

Perry walked out of the computer lab as he went to his locker.  He put his books away as he walked into the boy's restroom soon after.  He closed his eyes as he saw Fox Tail and Balance fighting Land Jet on the high way.  He slowly glowed green as he vanished with his Empowered Boy uniform on. 

Highway outside of Clarksville

Near exit 8 Balance flew through the air as he had black aura surround him.  He landed on his feet as he focused his aura into his hands.  He then projected his hands at the fast moving villain.  The villain zoomed in and out of the way of the aura blast.

Fox Tail growled as she had pink energy flow and spark inregularly.  She then said looking at the area around her, "Not enough lust to fill my powers.  No animals or people here feeling like getting their rocks off.  Damn it!"

Empowered Boy appeared beside a turned over 18 wheeler as he had his bow come together.  He came out from behind the bus as he knotched an arrow.  He focused as he said with venous jealousy, "Wish I had Bow Knight's accuracy."

The arrow was let go of as it flew through the air.  The arrow flew at Land Jet who had his back to the arrow.  The arrow stabbed into his right shoulder as he groaned in pain.  He saw blood and an arrow head sticking out of the front of his chest.  He pulled on the arrow snapping it as he pulled it out of his body. 

Turning to Empowered Boy he said to him, 'Finally, the fun begins!'

Healing Land Jet said to Empowered Boy's surprise, 'Yup, I heal fast too!'

Land Jet went on the run as he reached into his utility belt as he pulled out a disc.  Throwing the disc made an explosion near Empowered Boy as he moved to dodge it.  He moved back thanks to his new accurate enhanced eyes just out of the initial blast radius.  The force though sent him back further as he then regained his ground.  He pulled out three arrows as he knotched them aiming up at Land Jet. 

Land Jet grabbed three discs as he threw them at Empowered Boy.  The discs were made of some kind of science of when they hit a certain velocity they would explode.  Empowered Boy's brain thought this as he let his arrows loose. 

Moving his hand back he grabbed an arrow from his waist quiver.  He broke off the arrow head he threw it at one of the discs.  The weight of the arrowhead plus the strength of his arm made the arrowhead pass the arrows.  The arrowhead impacted with a disc as the other two arrows exploded with the discs.

Land Jet smiled as he reached for other discs only for his arm to be stabbed by the surviving arrow.  A scream came from his lips as he looked up and saw Empowered Boy in front of him.  The hero swung his fist into his jaw as Land Jet was hit square in the jaw. 

Land Jet hit the ground as Balance then leaped onto Land Jet's legs.  Fox Tail then had what lust energy she could conjure become a claw.  The claw went at his chest pinning him down.  Empowered Boy sighed as police moved in to arrest Land Jet.

Empowered Boy said to the other two, 'Thanks for the distraction.'

Fox Tail said to him with snide, 'Your welcome.'

Empowered Boy then felt a vibration in his pocket as he pulled out a flip phone.  He said answering it, 'What's up Ri?'

Ri said on the other side of the phone, 'Um, would you perhaps want to get some food?'

Empowered Boy could hear some other girl's voice in the back ground.  He then shrugged his shoulders as he replied to her, 'Yeah, sure.  I wouldn't mind that at all.  I'll meet you in half an hour maybe?'

Ri replied with happiness in her voice, 'Yeah, I'd love that.'

Empowered Boy then said his good byes to her.  A news van pulled up as a reporter got out.  Empowered closed the phone as a reporter came up to him.  He then asked Empowered Boy the question on his lips, 'Empowered Boy, Kyle West of channel 5 news.  Is this another pro bono event like all your others?'

Empowered Boy replied to the reporter, 'Of course I don't charge any money.'

A woman reporter as Balance a question, 'Balance, why are you doing this heroic event when you are hired by West Banks of Tennessee?'

Balance replied to her with a neutral voice, 'I foresaw the damage that this villain Land Jet could cause to my employer by damaging the road ways.  I got rid of a liability to West Bank of Tennessee and because West Bank desired that a threat to the roads was a threat to civilians.  Which damage to customers and future customers is not in West Bank's best interest.'

Balance then said as he produced a business card, 'As a matter of fact, take my card.  Tell West Bank that Balance sent you.'

Fox Tail was approached as one of the reporters asked her, 'Fox Tail are you also doing this event for your employer or pro bono?'

Fox Tail was about to say something with rage in her from the absurdity of the question.  But, an image appear on a broken car window.  It was an image of her shaking her head.  She then said to the reporter with a smile, 'Of course I was doing this event pro bono.  And as a matter of fact, I'd like to announce that I'm dropping my charges of the victims on the Wednesday of a few weeks ago.  During the terrible ice golem able incident.  That's all the questions I have for the moment.  Thank you, and have a good day.'

Fox Tail walked to an over turned bike as she pulled it up.  She put the keys in the ignition as she started up her motorcycle.  She got on as she began to drive off.

Empowered Boy vanished in a green light as he left the scene.  Kyle West said to the camera, "And those were the words of Empowered Boy here in Clarksville, Tennessee."
© Copyright 2019 FlashWally22 (UN: m-2mousecyborg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
FlashWally22 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816199