*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816209
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#816209 added May 7, 2014 at 10:05pm
Restrictions: None
I Proclaim
: Sent to members of "Blogging Circle of Friends "

Day 535: May 7, 2014:
Prompt: Tell us what you proclaim.


I feel queasy as I straighten the fabric of my blouse and adjust loose hair around my face. I wonder how it came to this. Usually, I can be found in the background, recording mentally every observation no matter how ambiguous it is, for further evaluation. Not being HERE in the spotlight!


'And now, with no further ado, Ms. I. D. Claire!'

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
Excuse me, if I just broke a new American taboo. I mean, in my lifetime, language has changed like the icebergs in Alaska.
For example, the word 'Eskimo' once was not only acceptable, but, appropriate. Now with knowledge of the origination of the word, explained, it is no longer part of my vocabulary. FYI, it was a vulgar cuss word used to describe a feuding neighboring tribe, not at all, an honorable word.
Anyway, as you can clearly see, I am standing on this soap box to make a public declaration.

What you see is an old woman. What I am, is ageless.
What you hear is only rhetoric, but, what I offer you is a moment of silence.
(PAUSE)
Close your eyes. Give all those voices, those thoughts, freedom to scurry across the outer regions of your mind. Let them go. Now open your eyes and be present, in the moment.

So often we go through our days and nights everywhere except here. Our vision of the future is 'cram-packed' with obstacles, dead-ends and illusions. It is no wonder that humans can't find a comfortable place in the world without chewing it up and spitting it out in pools of toxic waste.

We haven't allowed a vision of peace and harmony to materialize. Maybe, we fear it would be boring so we struggle like victims caught in a web of deceit. We use most of our energy, trying to slay a non-existent enemy.

But I am here to proclaim my truth: 'Love is all there is.'

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816209