*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816600
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
#816600 added May 12, 2014 at 1:38pm
Restrictions: None
Anxiety


I was reading the blogs from the "blogger of the week" list and found a writing about something I live with. I hope this entry will be helpful to others.


I am a fan of the Dr. Phil show. One episode was dedicated to anxiety disorders. It stated that this is the most curable mental disorder there is.
Since, I too have let it (anxiety) keep me home bound, I bought the recommended book, Retraining the Brain: A 45-Day Plan to Conquer Stress and Anxiety by Dr. Frank Lawlis.

In it we are told to listen to a variety of music. I can not tell you how powerful this can be. I found myself amused and amazed at how this one tool changed me so much.

One time one of the teens came into my living room and smiled and asked, "Grandma, are you listening to reggae?"
"I do not know what style this is but I like it."
"Cool."
It is not often that "cool" and me are related.

I have taken a road trip by myself with no stress and yesterday was the first time in over a year that I rode as a passenger in a car and didn't freak out once. My fourteen-year-old grandson did everything possible to spook me. Such as saying, " Hey, isn't that incredibly long bridge coming up? Or did you know about the earthquake that hit Seattle? Or " Wow! Look how high that cement wall is." Or "Man, we are going to be squeezed between those two semis.
"
Yea, well, guess what? No problem here." (FYI) the Seattle earthquake was years and years ago.

My doctor does not advise taking me off the Paxil because I have been on it over ten years and I might be worse off than ever. Might is the thing. She said the choice is mine. Well, I don't want to spend months finding out just how far down bottom is. I am okay now.

P.S. I still have allergies and asthma triggered by perfumes, diesel fumes and such, so do not go out often, but, yesterday was awesome even in a crowded park.





© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816600