*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816773-Can-God-Love-Anyone-In-Hell
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#816773 added May 14, 2014 at 3:08am
Restrictions: None
Can God Love Anyone In Hell?
I'm not sure that God does love people in Hell, based on the following verses:

Revelation 20:10-15 (NASB): (please refer to back verse 10 after reading the whole passage, as it is especially central to all this)

10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.
12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.
14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Also, check this verse out:

Matthew 10 (NASB): 28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell"

I found the following transliteration for hell in Matthew 10:28:

Transliteration:
geenna {gheh'-en-nah}
Word Origin:
of Hebrew origin 1516 and 2011
TDNT:
1:657,113
Part of Speech:
noun feminine
Usage in the KJV:
hell 9, hell fire 3588 4442 3

Total: 12
Definition:

Hell is the place of the future punishment call "Gehenna" or "Gehenna of fire". This was originally the valley of Hinnom, south of Jerusalem, where the filth and dead animals of the city were cast out and burned; a fit symbol of the wicked and their future destruction.

To me, although the original context of Matthew 10 deals with Jesus instructing his disciples as to how to behave when confronted with the world and the spiritual realm, I do believe the second death refers to the LORD destroying both body and soul in a manner like how filth and dead animals were disposed of in the valley of Hinnom.  If God still loved people in Hell, then it would be the most hopeless display of love I have ever witnessed, given that they had rejected completely the Gospel as revealed through the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ (please also refer to John 3:18).  So no, I don't believe the LORD can love anyone in Hell.

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816773-Can-God-Love-Anyone-In-Hell