*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816774-A-Brief-Word-to-Young-Christian-Women
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#816774 added May 14, 2014 at 3:17am
Restrictions: None
A Brief Word to Young Christian Women
It's not as hard as you think to start a conversation with a guy.  Don't over-think it, first of all.  Just be flat out honest with him as far as your common interests, not just stuff in the LORD, but also hobbies and so on.  Just tell him how you feel and ask how he feels about you, and that you want the LORD to be glorified more than anything, regardless of what becomes of the relationship.  I don't think you would be out of line to say that much.  If the LORD has put it in his heart to talk with you like that, then he should open right up and start talking, but if not, then at least you'll never have to ask yourself the sometimes haunting question "What if".  Don't be afraid to be direct at times, not painfully blunt necessarily, but direct enough to where he is clear as to your intentions.  Guys can be a difficult read sometimes as to what interests them, so just make sure to keep a flexibility about the range of topics to discuss, but with the LORD foremost in mind.  While a lot of guys can fall into the typical male stereotypes of mainly talking about cars, sports, and women, there are a lot of guys who would truly appreciate a wider range of conversation, so please keep that in mind.  The both of you have to remember that if it's God's will for the two of you to be together, I believe He allows a certain grace involved in how you approach each other, provided that the both of you are doing all this to honor Him and believe on Him for His best. I hope what I've said here helps, and be blessed here.

Shaun

P.S. When in doubt, you can always go to a male pastor or elder on this stuff.  I find them a lot of times to have invaluable, yet wonderfully simple and practical insight to such situations.

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816774-A-Brief-Word-to-Young-Christian-Women