*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816780-Condemnation-vs-Conviction-Comparing-With-Pure-Scripture
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#816780 added May 14, 2014 at 4:43am
Restrictions: None
Condemnation vs. Conviction: Comparing With Pure Scripture
"What can we learn from scripture regarding condemnation and where it comes from?"

The main scripture I believe to address this question is in Romans 5 (NASB):

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned--
13 for until the Law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
15 But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many.
16 The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.
18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men.

"What does scripture say about the conviction of the Holy Spirit?"

Please refer to the following scripture in John 16 (NASB):

The Holy Spirit Promised
5 "But now I am going to Him who sent Me; and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
6 "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7 "But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you.
8 "And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment;
9 concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me;
10 and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me;
11 and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

"What does condemnation produce in me?"

In addition to the above reference to Romans 5, please look at the following verses in Romans 7 (NASB):

The Conflict of Two Natures
14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate.
16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good.
17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not.
19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want.
20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.
21 I find then the principle that evil is present in me, the one who wants to do good.
22 For I joyfully concur with the law of God in the inner man,
23 but I see a different law in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin which is in my members.
24 Wretched man that I am! Who will set me free from the body of this death?
25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, on the one hand I myself with my mind am serving the law of God, but on the other, with my flesh the law of sin.

And Romans 8:1 (NASB): 1 Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

"What does the conviction of the Holy Spirit produce in me?"

In addition to the above verses in John 16, there are several things the Holy Spirit can produce if allowed, I believe:

1) Fruits of the Spirit:
Galatians 5:22,23 NASB: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

2) The right words to say at the right time:
Mark 13:11 NASB: 11 "When they arrest you and hand you over, do not worry beforehand about what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but it is the Holy Spirit." (parallel verses in Luke 12:11,12, in the context of being persecuted)

3) A teaching of all truth, and a reminder of the words of Jesus:
John 14:26 NASB: 26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. Also Ephesians 3:3-5: 3 ...that by revelation there was made known to me the mystery, as I wrote before in brief.
4 By referring to this, when you read you can understand my insight into the mystery of Christ,
5 which in other generations was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed to His holy apostles and prophets in the Spirit...

4) The power behind being witnesses of Christ to all the Earth:

Acts 1:5,8 NASB: 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now...8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth." (and practically all of Acts 2 and parts of Acts 4 and 10)

5) A sense of where the LORD leads you:

Acts 13:1-4 NASB
First Missionary Journey
1 Now there were at Antioch, in the church that was there, prophets and teachers: Barnabas, and Simeon who was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen who had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.
2 While they were ministering to the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, "Set apart for Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them."
3 Then, when they had fasted and prayed and laid their hands on them, they sent them away.
4 So, being sent out by the Holy Spirit, they went down to Seleucia and from there they sailed to Cyprus. (also Matthew 4:1-11)

6) A sense of where the LORD does NOT lead you:

Acts 16:6,7 NASB: 6 They passed through the Phrygian and Galatian region, having been forbidden by the Holy Spirit to speak the word in Asia;
7 and after they came to Mysia, they were trying to go into Bithynia, and the Spirit of Jesus did not permit them

7) The ability to speak in tongues and prophesy for the LORD:

Acts 19:6 NASB: 6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they began speaking with tongues and prophesying. (and most of 1 Corinthians 14 as a result)

    a) The ability to prophesy specifically as a foretelling of things to come:
    Acts 20:22,23 NASB: 22 "And now, behold, bound by the Spirit, I am on my way to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there,
    23 except that the Holy Spirit solemnly testifies to me in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions await me. (also in Acts 21:10-14)
    b) The ability to reveal the fulfillment of prophecy:
    Acts 28:25-28 NASB: 25 And when they did not agree with one another, they began leaving after Paul had spoken one parting word, "The Holy Spirit rightly spoke through Isaiah the prophet to your fathers,
        26 saying,
        'GO TO THIS PEOPLE AND SAY,
        "YOU WILL KEEP ON HEARING, BUT WILL NOT UNDERSTAND;
        AND YOU WILL KEEP ON SEEING, BUT WILL NOT PERCEIVE;
        27 FOR THE HEART OF THIS PEOPLE HAS BECOME DULL,
        AND WITH THEIR EARS THEY SCARCELY HEAR,
        AND THEY HAVE CLOSED THEIR EYES;
        OTHERWISE THEY MIGHT SEE WITH THEIR EYES,
        AND HEAR WITH THEIR EARS,
        AND UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART AND RETURN,
        AND I WOULD HEAL THEM."'
      28 "Therefore let it be known to you that this salvation of God has been sent to the Gentiles; they will also listen."

8) The ability to appoint righteously elders of a church:

Acts 20:17,28 NASB
Farewell to Ephesus
17 From Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church...28 "Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

9) The ability to dwell in God's Kingdom as revealed through certain qualities evident in a believer:

Romans 14:17 NASB: 17 for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. (in the context of acting in good conscience toward brothers in Christ)

10) The ability to allow Jesus to be Lord in our lives:

1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB: 3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

11) An assurance of our heavenly inheritance through redemption/renewal:

Ephesians 1:13,14 NASB: 13 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,
14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory. (also Ephesians 4:30 and Titus 3:4-7)

12) The ability to pray in the Spirit as part of a warning to believers in the last times:

Jude 20,21
20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,
21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816780-Condemnation-vs-Conviction-Comparing-With-Pure-Scripture