*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816778-Notes-to-Young-Christian-Singles-About-Mr-or-Ms-Right
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#816778 added May 14, 2014 at 4:57am
Restrictions: None
Notes to Young Christian Singles About Mr. or Ms. Right
I have a question.  How do you know when it is the person that God wants you to be with forever???  Do you just know???  I mean, don't you have to date people to figure that out???  Just wondering :]

That's a very good question.  I believe first and foremost that God must confirm whether that person is right for you through spiritual authorities.  That is, I believe there should be complete agreement among the parents/legal guardians and pastors/ministers of each person in the relationship.  To me, if God hasn't put it in ALL of their hearts to not only accept, but also commission the relationship as part of a future marriage and ministry together, then it's most likely not God's will.  Of course, you also have to check the Word for confirmation as well, with all the obvious prayer and seeking God on it and all.  The bottom line is, if and when you do meet the right Christian person, it should be made obvious at some point to both of you and to anyone around you that has any clue as to the ways of the LORD.

About feelings for someone:

While I can appreciate the sincere feelings you do have for this person, I truly believe more than anything in situations like this, to pray first and foremost, just as Jesus did, that "not my will, but Your will be done."  I remind you that if God's got in His plan for the two of you to be together, then your ability to let go of this person, painful as it may be, is the test of faith and obedience that the LORD may very well be putting you through at this moment.  Trust me, I've been in similar situations where I really felt for someone else, but realized when I prayed and submitted my situations to God's authority and His Word, that often times, whatever feelings I had that weren't of God, they just melted away after a time.  I think you should ask God to remove whatever feelings you have that aren't of Him, and then accept whatever feelings after that that are of Him, if any.  Because if God puts a desire in your heart to be with this person, then certainly He would put a desire in the other person to be with you as well at some point, in whatever way best reflects His plan.  Even if the two of you get separated for whatever circumstance comes about, if it's God's will, it'll happen in His timing.  Remember, "Love is patient..."

Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816778-Notes-to-Young-Christian-Singles-About-Mr-or-Ms-Right