*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816843-How-About-them-Grits
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1677545
"Putting on the Game Face"
#816843 added May 14, 2014 at 10:41pm
Restrictions: None
How About them Grits?
I know that most in my "army of readers" think I'm a bit paranoid but believe it or not I use a reasoning process to reach many of my conclusions and don't pull them out of my "You Know What." In other words I don't just come up with something off the wall and paste it as a blog entry.

My last Blog was entitled Son of Ultra and like most of what I write it hasn't attracted a whole lot of interest. I think it was a significant Blog because it explains the facts of Benghazi that are so bizarre they defy explanation.

Consider this scenario. On that fateful night President Obama was getting ready to do some campaigning the following day. At about 5 O'clock he has a talk with Secretary Of Defense Panetta and following that he drops out on sight for ten hours. He refuses to say where he was other that he was "Disengaged."

My hypothesis is now that Son of Ultra was connected with his undisclosed whereabouts. This is to say that he went to a Black Room where he watched things taking place that most people can't even imagine. It is a place where a President can literally watch things that are happening like a fly on the wall. It is a closely guarded Strategic Asset so profoundly revealing that the knowledge that is gained inside that room cannot be used for the remedy of tactical situations for fear of revealing its existence.

When the Israelis complain about our eavesdropping and Merkel gets upset about our reading her emails we attribute it to some sophisticated form of intelligence gathering like telephone monitoring or electronic snooping. What we are talking about however, when we must confess advanced
capabilities, is a cover story. It is like attributing how we know something to a hand held calculator when actually what we have is a Cray Computer.

General Alexander said something profound the other night on TV. He said words to the effect that we have to balance the trust of the American People with keeping them safe. When President Obama refuses to say where he was many think the reason was for political purposes. However, what if the reason for his silence is National Security. General Alexander went on to say that there must be a balance between maintaining the trust of the people and keeping them safe. It could well be that President Obama is being unfairly maligned and unable to protect himself from his detractors (myself included) because his hands are tied.

Think for a minute how unprecedented it is that over 200 CIA personnel have been required to sign nondisclosure statements and are being polygraphed monthly to insure they keep their mouths shut. I am not a big fan of Mr. Obama but then I wasn't one of Jane Fonda either. In both cases I have come to reflect that the facts had CIA written all over them.

Finally General Alexander related that at some point disclosures will have to be made but they will come at the cost of making America a less safe place to live. How about them grits?

© Copyright 2014 percy goodfellow (UN: trebor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
percy goodfellow has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/816843-How-About-them-Grits