*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817068-What-A-DAY
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#817068 added May 17, 2014 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
What A DAY!
No, the day did not get any better.  Issues to be addressed from the previous day had to be addressed.  Not a productive meeting.  Personnel matter resolved.  Relationship destroyed, but a different one established to move forward to keep the City moving forward.  Meeting with officer to get remaining items picked up and ready for Saturday.

The street in front of my house was scheduled to be scrapped and resurfaced in time for the Mount Rainier Day Festival Parade.  Signs were posted stating the work would be done between May 12 and May 16.  No problem.  The Parade is not until May 17.  Did not happen.  The street was completely torn up, but NOT paid.  No word from the paving people.  I call.  Not going to happen until next week.  The parade is still on for tomorrow, but cannot use the designated Parade Route.  It is late Friday evening, and everyone has gone home for the day.

Finally gets someone on the telephone.  We meet.  Nothing can be done.  Called in Public Works, City Manager, and police department.  Only option, change the parade route.  We did.  Now emergency notices must go out.  Route checked out for potholes and other safety hazards; move cars, notify residents; post area for emergency no parking.  Notify need to know personnel.  Reassign police offers to block off streets for the parade.  Hopefully, connect all of the dots.

Back to preparing candy for tossing; fill bags with give aways; get kids together to get flyers out; get street posted with designated change.  Created emergency notice and get it out to the residents to give as much notice as possible.

Long-time friend (play daughter) comes by to visit.  She just got in from Georgia.  Anxious to talk and catch up.  I really have no time, but she pitches in to help get things together for  tomorrow.  Working toward tomorrow.  Son and his wife and the twins stop by with Jordan.  Ready to help and get flyers out.  Life is good, but so unpredictable.  I'm tired.

On the computer for 30 minutes, and off to bed.  Not to sleep, but just to stretch out for a few minutes.  Going to bed now.


© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817068-What-A-DAY