*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817715-Political-Endorsements
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#817715 added May 23, 2014 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Political Endorsements
I believe that political endorsements are good for CANDIDATES' bottom line as they campaign for our votes; however, and endorsement does NOT MEAN that the candidate is the best person for our community.  Endorsements do not go to the polls, and they do not VOTE for you.  Gather the facts.  Check out the candidates.  Read the endorsements, just because they have correctly selected the winner in the past does not mean that they selected the best candidate for your community.  Instead, ask "Where is the candidate on your issues?" 

What has been his or her track record on the environment, schools and education, religious freedoms, freedom of speech, crime in your neighborhood?  How accessible have they been in the past?  Are they making decisions for you without checking in with you/your community? 

Or are they building their own little fiefdom where they reign, and are building their wealth, power, and political prowess?  Last but definitely not least, "Is your community better off now than it was before they took office?"

You live in your community.  You see the conditions.  Your elected officials rarely live where you live.  When they do, are they visible?  Are they involved in the community?  Before this election year, when was the last time you saw them at one of your local events with their family just because?  I am sure you are seeing TOOOOOO much of them now because they want to be re-elected -- fair weather friends are like that.  Committed advocates for your community knows the pulse of the community!

MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!  VOTE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE, not just the endorsed candidate.  Remember, the endorsers endorsed based on THEIR INTEREST!

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817715-Political-Endorsements