*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817135-Resolving-ArgumentsDivisions-Among-Christians-Part-II
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Spiritual · #1990926
My spiritual forum posts listed in chronological order. Be blessed...
#817135 added May 17, 2014 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Resolving Arguments/Divisions Among Christians, Part II
As far as some Christians getting caught up in the political correctness that our society currently promotes, I definitely agree the body of Christ ought to preach from the straight Gospel, not some watered-down version of it just for the sake of being politically correct, although we do need to speak the truth in love as well.

I'm going to re-quote parts of this response in another forum thread recently since I think this answer applies here in part:

"…We can lovingly disagree with someone. We can respect their view even if we don't agree. It's when we start the name calling, the personal insults, etc. that our behavior changes from loving to self-serving…It isn't wrong to disagree with another Christian. It's how you go about it that determines whether or not you are disagreeing in a Christ-like manner or if you are being rude and disrespectful about it.
We have to remember that we are all human and no man is going to have everything that God wants us to know 100% correct. We are bound to mistake something. We have a choice whether to be gracious about it or be judgmental. It's the behavior you choose which decides how you are going to react in a diasagreement. It is a choice to be Christ-like or worldly. "

Also, I remind you of the following Scripture in Matthew 18 (NASB) when talking with other Christians in this type of situation:

Discipline and Prayer
15 "If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother.
16 "But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that BY THE MOUTH OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES EVERY FACT MAY BE CONFIRMED.
17 "If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.

As I've told others in private emails, to point out another Christian's sin, fault, or weakness in a publicly viewable forum without emailing the person in question first, even on a Christian site, is the equivalent of bypassing verses 15 and 16 above and calling them out in front of not only the entire body of Christ, but also in front of any passers-by as well.  I remind all of you here to please remember to email someone privately about these things first (verse 15).  Then if that doesn't work, to please involve another Christian or two, once again in private (verse 16).  Only then, if those avenues don't work, then and only then should any of you post such things here in a public forum (verse 17).

I remind all of you of this process Jesus gave us to resolve matters like this with another in the church.  So I must ask all of you this also: if a brother had a problem with a sin or fault of yours, and took it to the church before taking it up with you privately first, or with you privately in the presence of another brother in the LORD, how would that make you feel?


Blessings,
Shaun

Deep down, this is who I am: the sheriff in High Noon
** Image ID #1661026 Unavailable **

"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that  which is good, and acceptable, and perfect." -Romans 12:2

This is my webpage:
http://Writing.Com/authors/pinoy_celt
Check it out sometime and may God bless you!

© Copyright 2014 Stallion (UN: pinoy_celt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Stallion has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817135-Resolving-ArgumentsDivisions-Among-Christians-Part-II