*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817282-A-twist-on-the-Question-What-is
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#817282 added May 19, 2014 at 7:03am
Restrictions: None
A twist on the Question What is...
Here's a question to ask instead of, what is my favorite music or band?

If you could start a new rock band, what would you name it?


"Fight For Survival"


A New Rock band aye? The name that sticks in my head tonight is "Fight For Survival" or as rock fans around the world will shorten to, "FFS."

In a way that pretty well sums up my life energies. I like '80's metal bands so the heavy bass guitar and driving drum beat shows the defiance I feel toward what life has served on my plate. I guess in the end, I will go down screaming, and in my mind's ear I'm on key. (Everyone else will be plugging their ears, but I will think I did okay.)

And what picture will find it's place on my anthology album (CD) cover? The image of defiance to the end with the Mouse flipping off the Hawk whose talons are just about to snag her.

The main song will be, (This Meal Will Give You) A Belly Ache, followed by, You Only Thought You Won, and let us not forget the rock ballad, Smile Now (Because Later You will Get Yours) which went platinum at the height of FFS's popularity.

Maybe I will have to write the songs and pay someone else to sing them so I can lipsink them and no one has to know I can't carry a tune in a bucket even to save my soul. Or, I can just shout out the lyrics in Headbanger fashion and watch all my fans in the mosh pit playfully trying to destroy each other.

And with that thought and an evil grin I get ready for work...Have a great Day everyone.

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817282-A-twist-on-the-Question-What-is