*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817478-Pain-in-the-neck
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#817478 added May 21, 2014 at 9:27am
Restrictions: None
Pain in the neck
I am just glad to be alive even if my body tells me otherwise. I have a pain in the neck and that has metaphorical implications. I honestly believe my body is trying to tell me something. So that is reason enough to blog.

It all started with a desire to get a nap. I had a crazy weekend of epic proportions. The computer at work crashed and for a time I was on the big bosses s*** list, because he thought I was somehow responsible. On Sunday I went to my daughters graduation and felt lost at several junctures. Some of this was due to the fact that I was so tired after having worked an overnight. There was no picture taking as there was in times past, which meant dressing up was a moot issue. I sat next to Cindy's mom and had a great time visiting until my ex got back from watching Julie walk from the Campanelli (KU tradition thing) to the stadium Cindy say between her mother and me and there was some tension in the air as graduation finishing.

From there I found out my son Tim and his wife were welcoming a baby into the world. I snuck in a couple hours sleep, went to my daughter's graduation party. I felt out of place and at the same time was glad I came. My wife came and was determined to see our new granddaughter and we were reprimanded for not having called first. I went to work and I was told I would have to make up the hours I took off for graduation on Thursday.

From there the week has been strange also. I got a call from Eileen (Cindy's sister) saying she was in the hospital for stroke related issues. I slept as much as I could to feel normal right after I took care of a client who has neck injury problems. My neck started hurting the next day after I woke up from a nap. I proceeded to run, head to my next caregiving adventure, got caught in major traffic on the way to grief support group, where I was to lead youth and then after more caregiving I headed home to find my email was down for whatever reason. Today can only get better. What a pain in the neck!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817478-Pain-in-the-neck