*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817716-WEEKEND-Now-I-can-Breathe-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#817716 added May 23, 2014 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
WEEKEND!!! Now I can Breathe Again
Okay, My work week is 'behinded' me and I'm actually very surprised that except for my Thursday intentional tardiness, I 'behave-ed' myself.--Now I'm going to participate in MY Time. Which means a renewel of spirit through participation in this wonderful place of Authors, striving and accomplished.

My son and his wife celebrate their 5th Wedding Anniversary this weekend. They are blessed with two sons (4 year old Tristan and just less than 2 years old Christopher). Anyway--I think it's five years--my sense of time isn't reliable these last few years.

I had a wonderful conversation with *joycag* (one of our Sr. Mods.) and this is my response at the end of a series of e-mails within the last day or so.

Set Up: Joy had told me that it is required for all Moderators to perform a minimum of 250 reviews per year as well as have other community involvment. (a forum, or contest, or something that benefits the community). She told me to enjoy my present Preferred staus, because as a yellow case I can enjoy all the benefits without the Obligations...

My Response:
LOL--Well, now you know how much out of touch I've been. The last time I was paying any attention to the developments of WdC was probably 2006. My last activity was in 2008 with The Fantasy Novel Workshop (which no longer exists) You were a Blue at that time, right? I have always logged onto the site, but my community awareness and involvement dropped to practically zero, nada, nothing. So on that note alone, I would have probably been demoted to preferred because I know I wasn't reviewing more than 10 times in a year.

250/year is a bit less than 5 reviews per week...That is if you don't procrastinate--leaves me out *Laugh* I'd probably be trying to cram 249 reviews in the last 30 days of the year to make sure I got 251 for the year's total. *Laugh* So I will take your advice and definately enjoy my bright sunshiny case *Delight* For a while anyway...

I am getting to the age of thinking about what I plan to do for retirement. Retirement for me will probably be working 20-25 hours a week instead of 40.

I don't mind earning the prestige if it will help me assist others and bring encouragement to those insecure newbies and not so newbie but still insecure, potentially great Authors. I know how much this site has helped me keep my sanity during some upsetting times as well as help me improve my writing. I found my 'voice' here; I can't ever repay that gift even if I live as long as Methusela. I'm just now regaining energy to stop taking and start giving back.

And then I discovered Patrick aka *pabernardy8* What a jewel!

Well I've got reponsatilities (in the words of 'Rug Rats') and I'm sure you do too. So we shall talk again, later. *BigSmile*



Take care and may your road lead to only good places.

Deb


*Quill* I'm the writer I am today, only because of all the help I've received from other writers yesterday.*Bookopen*

** Image ID #1988715 Unavailable **

Half Borgevna and half Morivini and destined to save her world.

Merit Badge in Fantasy
[Click For More Info]

Member of the Month - September 2008
 [Link To Item #1340208] 
Congratulations! *^*Bigsmile*^*



Compassion and the effort to try and understand some thing that was not understood before is a step toward acceptance not only of others but most importantly of yourself.

© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817716-WEEKEND-Now-I-can-Breathe-Again