*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817740-Friday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#817740 added May 23, 2014 at 10:15pm
Restrictions: None
Friday
I need to hurry a bit and get this entry in so I can get to bed. I'm already a half hour past the time I should be in bed, and I didn't get more than a couple of hours of sleep last night. I work early again tomorrow, and it's going to be a busy day.

Last night, that was something. It started out fine, we had a fire and cooked on the grill. Time was kind of an issue, since Rhonda did not get home until kind of late, but we opted to stay up a while and enjoy the evening. We had a big chunk of wood we were trying to get burned up, and of course, it just did not want to burn up. Don't get me wrong, it burned just fine, it just did not burn up. Eventually we managed to get it broken off and had two chunks, but one was still too long for the fire ring.

This part was even more dried out and rotten, and I thought it would go up fast. Nope, it also took a long time to burn. We did eventually get it burned enough to leave and came in to watch a little Netflix, have a bowl of ice cream, and then check on the fire. It was burning nice and we just shuffled things around and came back in. Then it was off to bed, so I set up my alarm app on my netbook and snuggled into bed. I was sleeping almost instantly, but in minutes the room was light and I heard a beep.

For some reason, my netbook was shutting down. I was so groggy I could not think at all, but I soon discovered it wasn't shutting down, it was restarting. I managed enough mental energy to determine it was a Windows update and then dozed a bit until the netbook and Windows had restarted. I tried to set the alarm again, but I could not get anything to work, and then it started. Windows was downloading and installing.

I don't know how or why, but something had my Windows updating to 8.1. I could not do anything, so I checked with Rhonda to see if there was a secondary alarm set. She confirmed and I let myself fall back asleep. Only in what seemed like minutes, I was again awake to a beeping and bright lights. Windows was finishing up the installation. Great, I took the netbook and tried to get it to shut down, but I could not get anything to respond. I dozed off again, then woke and seen it was setting up. Great I thought, I'll just rush through and get it set up so I can just it down.

It wanted my windows id and password. No problem most times, but in a half conscious  state, fighting to stay awake a few minutes longer, I could not get my password right. I was becoming desperate, so I just clicked back to see if I could bypass this phase. No such luck, but I did see something I had to do -- I had to agree with the terms. I don't know why, but somehow I reasoned this would end my problem. I clicked disagree. The screen went black and a box stated I had to accept to upgrade. I clicked no, and just like that I had a message that I could not upgrade and my system would be restored.

Great I thought, I'll figure out how much is messed up tomorrow. I set the netbook back into place and was soon sleeping, again. And just as soon, I was awakened when the computer restarted, again. This time my old setup was working and I entered my password and was into Windows. I went right to shut down and in minutes, the screen was black and the netbook was off. Only, I had to go to the bathroom now, so I got up and went to take care of business. I was soon heading back to bed, at ten minutes after two, the alarm set to go off at quarter past three. An hour.

Yep, one hour of undisturbed sleep was all I got. I don't know how much sleep I got in the other three hours, but Rhonda said it wasn't more than a few minutes at a time. So, tonight I'm beat, and of course we worked late tonight so it's past the time I would have liked to be in bed. Tomorrow is another long day and it's going to be about the same. Then, Sunday I may get a chance to get a bit more sleep, but I still work and won't get caught back up before Monday. Monday is the last day I'm suppose to work this week, and I just hope I can get caught up a bit on sleep by then.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817740-Friday