*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817801-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#817801 added May 24, 2014 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
It's late so I have to get this out quick. Not that there is anything quick about it, I type about the same speed all the time, unless I'm really tired, then I type slower, and make lots of mistakes. Other than that, lets say about forty words a minute and maybe even a high of forty five. Of course, I can type faster, but there would be so much error it would be hard to read. Now, on top of it, I have no back space key.

I had one but it wore out, if that's any kind of message to you. It was used a lot since it wore out before any other key. I have some that are to the point the lettering is wore off, but this one took the cake. The whole damn button wore off. Now, where there used to be a double size button for me to hit and fix my mistakes, there is a double size opening with one little rubber tipped nub sticking up. I can't hit it straight enough to correct anything unless I stop typing and feel for it, then press it enough to back up. I've gotten better, but I still have to stop.

One of these days I'm going to see if I can order me one and replace it, but for now it's a pain to back space and fix stuff. There fore I try and type a bit slower and prevent mistakes, but that's not working out too well when it gets this late and I have had so little sleep.

It was another busy day at work but it slowed down by mid afternoon. I got done at four, and called my brother, who was just getting home. I went over and had a nice visit with him and his lady, and my older sister who is visiting from Minnesota. That may be another story for another day, but not tonight.

When Rhonda finished work, she drove over and joined us. My brother cooked out on the grill and we had a nice visit and a wonderful dinner, then cake for desert. I was surprised to see a birthday cake. My birthday was yesterday, but I worked most of the day, so today when I went over there, they kind of caught me off guard with a card and the cake.

We chatted away the rest of the afternoon then came home, took the dogs out and got settled in. Then, I logged in and looked around a bit before logging in to here to write my entry. This puts it at almost nine thirty, an hour past my bedtime. I'm running short on sleep anyway, having maybe an hour of sleep two nights ago, and about five last night. That's six hours of sleep in two days, and twenty one hours of work in over the same period. To top it all off, it was very busy yesterday and pretty busy today.

It slowed around three and by four when I got done it was getting real slow, but it was still busy enough to keep me running, and for some odd twist of fate it seemed I had to almost always get the guest back a ways. It made for a lot of running and I am just about shot.

So, the plan for the rest of the evening is a bit unsure, but I know part of it is to finish this and post it, shut down my computer, and then go snuggle into bed. Rhonda was feeling a bit frisky last night, but with only about an hours sleep the night before, I was so tired. Add to that the simple fact that I had to be back up in another five hours, and it was plain what I had to do. I needed sleep, so we put it off until tonight.

So, finish this, get comfortable and snuggled into bed, have a little fun, then snuggle her closer and hold her while she drifts off to sleep. I will be right behind her, or possibly even beat her to sleep. Then, tomorrow I get to sleep in. I don't have to be to work until ten or eleven, depending on how busy it is. I have to get up with Rhonda, since we are going in together, so around five should do. Then I work my regular shift on Monday, but since it's a holiday I get time and a half, and don't have to go in until six fifteen. So, in a way, I get to sleep in the next two days.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817801-Saturday