*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817974-Memorial-Day-in-New-York
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#817974 added May 28, 2014 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
Memorial Day in New York
Today was a great day!

I spent most of the day in Yonkers, NY with my friend and her cousin, his wife and son. Then we were off to the Bronx, the only part of the five boroughs directly attached to the US. All of the others require you to cross over on a bridge. You can also drive to Canada from the Bronx.

The street on which we visited, was the longest block I have ever seen called Undercliff. It goes on and on like a country mile. It is in a great neighborhood, and is the home of a former New York Mayor Fiorello LaGuardia. Starting June 1, my Mother's birth date, my oldest granddaughter will move onto that street into her first apartment with her name on the lease, and no co-signer.  I am so proud of her.

From there we went to City Island, where we ate at Sammy's! The food was awesome, and plentiful. The atmosphere was just right, and the night air was ready for romance, but there just were not enough single men!

With our stomachs full of lobsters, crabs (Alaskan and Snow), scallops, shrimps, mussels, clams, calamari, ribs, chicken, and lots of pasta and rice with cornbread and a hot crust bun with cheese, a large relish dish, and three slices of chocolate mousse cake, we crawled into our cars and came back across the bridge with bags as full as our bellies! A most satisfying meal, even if I think it could have had a little more seasoning.

After chatting for a few, and giving our thanks for the hospitality, and inviting a rerun visit, we all went off toward our beds. I thought I would share my evening with you, not to gloat, but to say what a wonderful Memorial Day I had in NEW YORK! Goodnight.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.


© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/817974-Memorial-Day-in-New-York