*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818270-Saying-Goodbye-part-II
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#818270 added May 31, 2014 at 12:20am
Restrictions: None
Saying Goodbye, part II
I never realized how difficult saying goodbye could be. I was in a funk all day more depressed than usual. I sought comfort in my kindle fire and it was nowhere to be found. Instead I was sulky, not having fun at all, just irritable to the point of being obnoxious. At one point a female game player beat me. I counted the tiles and cried foul, because there were more tiles than were alotted for any given game. How childish of me. I ended up blocking them from talking or playing with me. I may have even been friends with them.

I guess a lot of it stems from my perception of society's message towards men. I said goodbye to Met and yet it was all keeping up a front of everything being funny. There was no chance of any of us missing each other. We would be glad to finally be rid of each other. Of course this was the furthest thing from the truth. Earlier in the day he gave me a fist pump when I mentioned that I would miss seeing him when I preached. He let me know he was proud of me. It was one of those serious moments. I guess I need to get on patrol. At the end of the day when he said good bye, I mentioned I would like to visit him. He became serious again. "I would look forward to seeing you".Then to cut the heaviness, Aren't you going to stay to party with us. It was overnight shift, so that was an ongoing joke. It might have been nice to give each other a hug. It hurts so much now to know he is gone. There is a hug in her somewhere Met, I hope you get it. I love you man!!!

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818270-Saying-Goodbye-part-II