*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818274-AAAHHHHThe-weekend
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #388967
Daily notes and timed freewrites but mostly my blog
#818274 added May 31, 2014 at 4:05am
Restrictions: None
AAAHHHH.The weekend.
Weekend is officially here. Saturday and Sunday to wrap up all the GoTs. I can hardly wait to see the final scores of all the houses.

But, in the meantime, I'm 10 reviews shy of my committed goal. I will kill two birds with 1 stone and do the Dark Dreamscape Poetry Contest Round Two Reviews and get them into the GoTs Dash--the Last Dash *Laugh*


I made 29 blog entries this month. Missed 2 days out of 31. Before missing the May 8th post--I'd managed a consecutive 65 days in a row. An All time best I think.

But the best surprise when I read my mail--when I logged on after coming home from an unscheduled 10 hours at work--I found this:
Merit Badge in Campfires
[Click For More Info]

  Thank you for your steady participation in your campfire, as part of  [Link To Item #1157596] ! You've shown courage and originality, and you've stepped up to the plate when it was needed. Kudos to you! *^*Thumbsup*^* You're one of the few who are receiving this special MB as a thank you for your teamwork. ~ Gaby
waiting for me.

As I told Gaby ~ Counting GoT Numbers in my thank-you mail:

Seeing this really put the topper on my day. My frown turned upside down so fast I think my cheeks cramped. (well, I said something to that effect. *Laugh*)

I can't help but be 'jazzed' by WdC and by the people who make it 'the Place To Be.'


Okay, I just visited my community page and counted all the badges I've been awarded in just this month! In 'Toto' to date I am graced with 13 badges--6 of them I received this month and 7 of them this year.

The very first badge I received was a Friendship Badge by a lady who is no longer a member of WdC. She helped me through some initial steps I was struggling with regarding my experiences of abuse. That was way back in 2003. I think, in retrospect, I should have awarded her with the badge in which she graced me. Anyway I look at it, though, I'm damn proud to have known her and very happy to have this badge to remind me of her own selfless friendship.
Invalid Merit Badge #100498 hmmm I tried to show it but the badge is no longer "valid"? You will have to visit my community page to see it I guess. Maybe it shows like this because the person who presented it is no longer a member of WdC.

At any rate...

This has been an amazing month for me on Writing.Com. I have met some amazing people. I involved myself in a group activity of a scale I couldn't have imagined (Game of Thrones) and the rewards are astronomical, not just because of the badges and other awards, but more importantly, because of the opportunities to give back to this wonderful community. I am flabbergasted in a very good way.

But right at this moment, the wind has left my sails and to bed and to sleep I must go. Tomorrow/later today (Saturday) is a big day-- need my rest to be able to compete effectively.


© Copyright 2014 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818274-AAAHHHHThe-weekend