*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818317-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#818317 added May 31, 2014 at 8:20pm
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Another day coming to an end, and me with it. I'm shot, totally exhausted, and just getting in here. It's seven, a bit earlier than last night, and I don't have to be up at three for work tomorrow, so I'm doing a lot better. But, I do have to be up at five for work, and I'm so over tired that I don't feel I'm any further ahead by getting in here now. In fact, I have a strong inclination that this entry will wonder and drift worse than the one did yesterday.

It's just that I can't hold my focus after I get to a certain point of tired. Up to that point I do terrific, and I can function well on very little sleep. But, then I hit that point where I can not hold a thought without drifting. It's like my mind goes to sleep without me. I have eight hours of sleep in now since I got up at nine in the morning on Thursday. That's not a lot, and if you add to it the heat and the humidity Friday, as well as being very busy, it's easy to see that I'm just wore out.

Today offered a little break, it was a bit cooler, almost ten degrees, overcast, and rainy most of the day. It also was not as busy, except for the breif periods of almost seeing the sun break through between showers. Then it would get busy as people rushed in to get stuff, before rushing back home before it rained on them and their stuff. I don't know why they rush in like that, since they are not going to get any use of the products this weekend. It's suppose to rain and storm until Monday morning, so even if they made it in between squalls, then made it back home, they are only looking at more rain and no time to work outside on their projects.

Of course some did not make it. A couple people left, saying they would wait until the rain stopped to get pick up their items. Others rushed in and got loaded, then left only to have more rain hit shortly after they departed. Some of it was heavy rain, too. I know some sheet rock got wet, some carpet and cabinets got soaked, and twenty bags of cement likely set before the truck made it back home.

Thats just the way it goes sometimes. I don't understand people sometimes, rush and hurry but there is no reason or purpose. Sure, they have projects they want to get done, but hey, it's raining. It's not a surprise rain storm, it's been forecast for the last week, and there is not reason anyone should not have known. Now, there are some poeple picking up stuff for inside projects, and this makes sense. It's too wet to work outside, so finish up the inside projects. But, then again, if your carpet is soaked by the time you get home, have you accomplished anything? I say not.

Of course it was not limited to just carpet. As I've said, sheet rock also went out, as did cabinets and paneling, a bit of everything. Cement and doors, and I mean pre hung, interior doors, the kind you finish yourself. It's like you just know there are going to be a lot of people bringing stuff back, because it got wet. And, they get mad when they can't return the item, because it's ruined now, from getting wet. For example, a person left with some cabinets, some furniture, and a brand new big screen tv. He was driving right into the area that was getting the most rain, and everything was in the open box of his pickup.

But, that's life. Me, I enjoyed working with Rhonda, the cooler weather, and the sound of the rain. It was a nice day, except for me being so tired. One hundred more words for the journal entry and I can wrap it up, have a bowl of ice cream with Rhonda, then it's off to bed. I should be in bed as early as I try to be on the nights I have to work at three the next morning, so a very nice eight to nine hours of sleep. If I sleep all night; I may wake up after six or seven and not be able to get back to sleep. It's doubtful, but anything is possible, and it has happened before.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818317-Saturday