*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818793-Movies-for-a-rainy-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#818793 added June 5, 2014 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Movies for a rainy day
What is your favorite rainy day movie?

I don't have to wait for a rainy day. I live in Oregon where it rains from Sept-June more times a month than it doesn't.
I have a number of movies that I like to watch, but like my books I when I read or see them once I don't visit them again. However, there are movies that come on the TV or are featured on cable. When those movies are playing, I can't pass by. I end up sitting down and watching to the end or just to my favorite parts.

Pretty Woman I will sit until the part where she goes shopping with Louis.  Where she walks into the store she was kicked out previously and blows them off. I've experienced the same situation and I so wanted to go and find those snarky sales ladies and say "You work on commission don't you ? Big mistake. Huge. Go ask Mr. Rogers what we just bought from him."  We spent a lot of money on a high quality bedroom set along with an armoire and cedar chest.  Those women just pointed to the stairs and said, "Beds are down there," then turned their back on us.

Hunt for Red October
I love almost all of it and will sit and watch it to the end wherever I start watching.

Shooter I love the part where Louis (I can't remember his character's name) is tied in the boathouse and Bob Lee Swager shoots all the bad guys.

Trading Places "Lookin' good Billie Ray", "Feelin' good Louis."  I love the end where they get the two old guys back.

Blind Side I love the part where Louanne walks across the field to talk to Michael about protecting the family.  I love the part where Miss Sue tries to find Michael something to write about and Mr. Touey recited "The Charge of the Light Brigade." I never understood that po-em (as Miss Sue says the word) like I did when he explained it to Michael and then as the teacher read it and Michael did the voice over.  I hated the woman from the NAACP. In fact, after I saw the movie I saw her in a couple of commercials and walked away or changed the channel because I didn't like her. I associated her with the character. Even though I know it was a character, I didn't like her.

Now you see me "Now You See Me-The movie Here is my review of the movie. I've watched it a couple of times.

Devil This is a horror movie (there are parts I close my eyes), not very long but powerful from a writer's POV. You have to watch it all the way through. I love a story told so when you get to the end all is revealed and the Characters are connected in some way. This is one of them. The second time I watched it the clues were more pronounced as I knew what to look for. Shutter Island is similar. There are parts I can't watch but the ending blows me away. The crafting of this story. Dennis Lahane is a skilled writer and I'm amazed by the intricacy he crafted in this brilliant story.



© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/818793-Movies-for-a-rainy-day