*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819010-This-ones-about-stories-you-might-not-want-told
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1939270
A third attempt at this blogging business.
#819010 added June 7, 2014 at 8:59pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about stories you might not want told.
30DBC PROMPT: "June 7 Prompt"  , courtesy of 💙 Carly .

What's up y'all? I'm still tryin' to figure out if I'm overtired...barely slept last night again and when I did it wasn't restful (to say the least), but if I can get through the rest of the day without a nap I might actually start to feel somewhat normal again. Fingers crossed.

So how about 💙 Carly 's prompt, which asks us "What book would you like to see made into a movie or miniseries? Who would you like to see play the main characters in that movie/miniseries?"

This is hard, partially because I've worked in a bookstore before and have seen a lot of great books turned into trash because the movie is more of an interpretation than a true visualization, and partly because I have a hard time seeing things translated from the author's original intentions. Plus movies bore me, and a miniseries is kinda like a movie broken into supposedly small pieces meant for easy digestion, if you're still willing to invest the time and energy you're supposed to in order to maximize the blah blah blah who cares??

One of my all-time favorite comic strips, as you should know by now if you've read me for any length of time beyond this month's "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS, is Calvin & Hobbes. No doubt it's legendary, and the author, Bill Watterson, has become somewhat of a recluse since he decided he was no longer interested in writing the strip. But there was a very recent Watterson sighting not too long ago, in the form of another comic strip in my all-time top 3, Pearls Before Swine. It turns out that Watterson had been in contact   with Stephan Pastis about illustrating a few panels in PBS, and they were revealed this week. I'm really not a comic strip nerd, I swear, but I think that's pretty cool.

Oh yeah, the prompt. I said it before, maybe last summer, that Calvin & Hobbes should be turned into a movie. That is something I'd totally pay to watch. I was torn between whether or not I'd prefer it to be animated...sometimes I'd think from the purist's perspective it should be, until I saw this trailer  . Now I'm convinced it has to be 110% full-blown, balls to the wall, CGI overkill (and normally that's absolutely everything I don't like about cinematic adventures, but I don't think there's any other way a movie of the same magnitude as the original strip can be pulled off with it not looking like an ABC "After-School Special"). I don't even care who stars in it...does it really matter who's in Hobbes' tiger suit (which is a nice touch, might I say). I think the real star needs to be the special effects as they relate to Watterson's initial artwork...I can remember opening the comics section of the newspaper on Sunday mornings and C&H would just pop at you off the page. This movie needs to be made and deserves to be made right.

BCF PROMPT: "A Pulitzer-winning reporter is writing an in-depth piece – about you. What are the three questions you really hope she doesn't ask you?"

More like "What are the three questions you don't wanna answer?", right? *Laugh* Didn't I say something the other day about my chances of winning a Pulitzer? Now that we're covering that in prompts, I'd like to step my game up and win a Nobel Prize for blogging. Or a presidential medal of honor. Hell, I'll even accept travel and accommodations to a country I've never heard of in the middle of the universe for a luncheon where I'm honored for something kinda cool. But I'm getting off-track again.

Now, nobody said I had to answer these questions, right? The prompt only wants to know what I wouldn't want to be asked about me. *Smirk*

1) Why do you prefer to be reclusive (outside of what the world already sees of you through your work)?

2) You've been known to take a lot of chances, both with your writing and in your personal life. Any regrets?

3) There've been rumors swirling around for years that a bio-pic is in the works regarding "I'm Studying You, "Who Do I Think I Am??, and "Who do I still think I am??. When will this project finally see the light of day, and who will play you? Should we expect a more traditional movie, a miniseries, or perhaps a sitcom of some sort?

Show me the trophy, and I'll show you some answers! *Wink*

MUSICAL BREAK!!

Today marks the 56th (*Shock*!!) birthday of Prince. Fifty-six! Game. Blouses.  



THE DAILY BOX SCORE:

*cargray* Sad, sad news when I finally came to this morning: one of my very favorite comedians, Tracy Morgan, was involved in a six-car collision  , resulting in at least one death and leaving Morgan in critical condition. Fellow comedian Chris Rock said, "Even when he's in critical condition, he's funnier than you." I hope he's able to recover quickly, along with everyone else involved, and my thoughts go out to the family of the deceased. I don't do many impressions (and they're certainly not very spot-on), but (in my head, at least) I can do a pretty good Tracy Morgan. "Oh, you was in a caah acci-dent? Tha's nice. I jus' got hit by two tract-uh tray-luhs, Liz Lem-uhn." Too soon? Yeah, probably too soon.

It's gotten out of control.


*Crayons4* There's a link I can't seem to find {I thought it was on Buzzfeed, but I guess it's not) that had to do with "Ten Of The Saddest Calvin & Hobbes Moments", and it was really touching and sweet actually. Instead you get 16 Things Calvin & Hobbes Said Better Than Anyone Else  . And this Mental_Floss link  .

*Books2* I also challenge you to find a link (I can't, and I just spent way more time scrolling through my Facebook timeline looking for it because I thought I posted it awhile ago) that, I believe, is classic book covers re-imagined as Calvin &Hobbes-ish illustrations. At least that's what I think it was...never mind. I think I sorta found it  , and it's not what I thought it was.

And I think I'm done here...I've taken up enough of your Saturday. Peace, oh no let's go, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2014 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819010-This-ones-about-stories-you-might-not-want-told