*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819125-Sunday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#819125 added June 8, 2014 at 10:12pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday
One more day done and one more to go, then three days off. Well, kind off three days off, only I have to go in and do a little training on Tuesday morning. That means being up at three, going in and being at work by quarter to five and then doing an opening walk through with the new guard. I have a few things to review with her while I'm there, then it's back home and probably back to bed.  Then, it will be the rest of Tuesday and the next two days off.

It's been a long week, I went in on Friday of last week, had a day off on Thursday of this week but ended up helping out for a couple of hours and doing some training, then faxing and emails. I suppose I spent half my day off working, then it was back to work on Friday, but at least it was a short shift, six hours and I didn't have to be there until eleven. Saturday was busy and a long day, twelve hours, then nine hours today. One more left, another twelve hour day, then some time off.

I'm not sure what we are going to do over our three days, since Rhonda has them off with me, but I would like to do something. Maybe a little road trip, or something. It's all undecided except for getting some work done on Tuesday. If we do a road trip or picnic, I think Wednesday would be a great day to go, then be back late and still have Thursday off to rest up and get ready for the next four days. But, it won't be as bad after we get through this next week.

Right now we are starting a new person, but she did work for us last year and should do fine. Another person is off until Tuesday and Rhonda and I are absorbing the extra hours. Then we get three days off, after which I will have a long day on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. But Sunday will start our new schedule, and it will get better. And, even though we will have some long days over the weekends, we get three days off in the middle of the week.

This should give us some time for camping, fishing, hiking and some road trips to visit relatives. Of course, it will also give us some time to just stay home and enjoy a restful break from everything, too.

It will also give me more time to work with Hannah, and to write and spend time in WDC. I have been wanting to do more, but just have not had much for time. I have kept my journal going and have logged everyday for one hundred and thirty one days in a row with this entry. If you look at my dates in WDC, you will see I have missed quite a few, but actually, I write them in another site, 750 Words, and they are on a different time zone. Of course, I am also in a different time zone, or should I say, South Dakota is in a different time zone, and quite a few of my entries were made before midnight my time, but after midnight in WDC. It works out with 750 Words, since they are an hour later than I am, so even if I don't get in until just after midnight, it still counts for that day.

It's not that I forget, it's just that it gets quite late before I get home from work, and often I have to eat and stuff before I get in here. Other times I just don't get an opportunity to get in here until late in the day for other reasons, like trying to get other projects done for work, or not being home. I could bring my netbook with, just in case, but it won't do any good unless I have a place I can access the netword through. Of course, there are many places that offer WiFi now, so it's going to be easier to do just that. I may have to take advantage of this when we are camping, so I don't lose my count.

A lot of things to take into account, but for right now, it's about time for Rhonda to get home, and I'm going to spend a bit of time with her, then it's off to bed for me. Three o'clock comes mighty early and it's tough to pull a twelve hour shift with little sleep. At least it should be a bit slower and easier at work tomorrow... I hope.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819125-Sunday