*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819230-Monday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#819230 added June 9, 2014 at 11:23pm
Restrictions: None
Monday
And Monday comes to a close, another day done and now I have three days off. Well, kind of. I have to go in and do an opening with the new person tomorrow, but after it's right back home. I have to call a few people, and then I have some emails and reports to get done, but it's all stuff I can do from home, and it shouldn't take very long.

Anyway, other than that, I have three days off, and we decided on doing a road trip if the weather to the west of us is good. We are going to make a run over to the James River and spend the day. We probably will do some fishing and picnic, but if the weather over there isn't very good, we will come up with something else. It should be a fun day, and a relaxing day.

That's just what we need, too. Both Rhonda and I are in need of some time off, but not just a day or two off from work, but a day or two of fun and relaxation. Rhonda had two days off last week, but spent them doing yard work, I had one day off, but had to spend half of it working and training. We just did not get any relaxing time in, and that is why I decided to run over to the James for the day. It will be fun, relaxing, and a nice change for us.

Then, after we will still have one day off left, to rest up and get ready for the weekend again. This last weekend was crazy, one of the busiest weekends we have had. I'm not sure why it was so busy, but it was a mad house. It started on Thursday, my day off. I had gone in to do a bit of work with the person I had hired, planning on being only a few minutes before returning home. But, it took over an hour, and then it was so busy on site, I ended up helping out and working another hour and a half before I could get out of there and come back home.

Friday wasn't as busy, but it was still heavier traffic than a normal Friday. Then Saturday hit and it was non stop. It wasn't as crazy as Thursday was, but it was busier. Not a lot as far as yard traffic, but a little. I know it was a long day, and both Rhonda and I were on our feet almost constantly. Even with two of us there, it was busy enough to have us backed up half way across the yard a couple of times.

Sunday wasn't as bad, but like Friday, was a normal busy Sunday. Then today hit and it was quite the opposite. I don't think we really ever needed two guards at all. There were a few times when it came in handy to have us both there, but one person could have handled the traffic all day and not gotten backed up. It wouldn't have even been real busy for one person most of the day, although there were a few times it got kind of busy.

I hope that it's a sign that the worst has passed, and now we can have our typical summer weekends. We didn't really have our big spring pick up this year, but then we didn't really have a spring. We had some nice weather, and it did pick up, but I think a lot of people put it off till now, because of weather. Also, it was a big sale week for the store, but they continued it another week like usual. The sale does make it busy for the weekend, since a lot of people rush to get in for the last day or two of the sale, even though it extends for another week every time.

If a person adds the sale in, along with the busy weekend do to people starting projects, it kind of adds up to a busy weekend. Then, there was a lot going on in the area, and that had people here from quite a distance, so yeah, I can kind of see why it was so busy. I just hope that was the worst of the summer season, and it will kind of mellow out some now. I know it will still be busy on the weekends, but not like this past one. It was just a bit too much, and instead of two guards, we could have used three.

Well, Rhonda should be about done with work and heading home soon, so I will post this and be ready for her.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819230-Monday