*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819274-Perfect-Timing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#819274 added June 10, 2014 at 1:19pm
Restrictions: None
Perfect Timing
Hubby’s operation was more complicated than first thought, but he came through it well and his surgeon is confidant he’ll make a good recovery. My few days of freedom were restricted by rain, phone calls and hospital visiting, but I did get the chance to watch a few good films, open some windows and keep a tidy house. It was short lived.

Sunday was Bobby’s first burpday, so son and family descended complete with cake and five enormous bags of laundry as their washing machine broke down earlier in the week and they needed to use ours. Perfect timing. *Rolleyes*

Mey Ling decided to take one of her marathon naps so it was a hectic afternoon playing games with Angel, helping Dylan with Minecraft on his iPad and removing a now very mobile Bobby in an effort to prevent him emptying every cupboard in the house. Finally they went to visit at the hospital while I continued loading the washer and drier. No chance of hanging any washing out as horrendous storms and hail arrived. Perfect timing. *Rolleyes*

After treating them all to a takeaway, they finally left leaving me with the table to clear, pots to wash, toys to put away, contents of cupboard to return and the continuing laundry. Later son discovered he’d left his work phone at our house, so I spent another half an hour locating it, eventually discovering it down the side of a sofa cushion. I then had to set it to redirect any calls to his home phone as I really didn’t feel like answering his mobile in the middle of the night and being asked to go out to deal with any unruly criminals. Normally it wouldn’t matter, but he just happened to be on callout this weekend. Perfect timing. *Rolleyes*

Yesterday morning, still knee deep in son and family’s washing I received a call from hubby to say his daughter would be bringing him home in an hour so could I put an extra cushion on his chair, an extra mattress on the bed and find him some comfortable clothes to change into. Today I’ve spent catching up with our laundry, waiting on the patient, cooking, cleaning and shopping. I think my legs may be two inches shorter from rushing around and my arms two inches longer from lugging heavy shopping bags home. I did manage a quick bath, but of course my phone started tinkling so I had to get out and dash downstairs only to discover a text message from one of my friends on holiday in Portugal informing me they were sitting in the sun on their balcony sipping wine. Perfect timing. *Rolleyes*

So, hubby is now back in his domain, crutches clacking, nose blowing, throat clearing, crunching with remotes firmly in hand and the volume returned to unbearable levels. Of course his arrival just happens to coincide with the start of The Football World Cup. Perfect timing. *Rolleyes*

But you know I'm not one to complain and there are things that make it all worthwhile...



© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819274-Perfect-Timing