*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819616
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1978262
This is a blog of a Writer/Granny/Nanny. My door is always open come in and visit.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#819616 added June 13, 2014 at 11:09pm
Restrictions: None
Friday 13th and a Full Moon

"There's a full moon tonight"
I know and its Friday the 13th
I read that it does happen
once in a while,
like now and in another
35 years.
I am not superstitious.
But, I do
look for magic
where-ever I can find it.
I used to toss salt
over my right shoulder for luck
and spin three times
and I wish upon the first star.
Oh yea
life is FUN.
I also love
to catch a snow flake
on my tongue
Freeze time
watch Frozen
and mostly
I love
to dream.



Question
do you guy see " quotation marks or other symbols ? ; . , or :"?>

Day 572: June 13 Prompt
Name one thing you had the opportunity to do but didn't, and wish you had. Also name something you did do that you wish you hadn't.
will be posted on or around: July 15, 2014



Okay Calvin there is one thing ,,,,,,
Near the turn of the new millennium I was gifted a paid membership to a New Age retreat at a private hot springs. I was friends with thirty or so people going and was anticipating the event.
As the time approached, I began experiencing trepidations. I worked myself up into a knot. Just before getting in my car to leave, I received a call from someone who had gone to the last happening. She mentioned her favorite parts were the evenings, soaking nude under the stars.

That did it! I sunk into a full on panic attack. I went to bed and watched old movies and cried. I have regretted that decision a thousand times. I missed out on so much beautiful music and festivities. My friends were disappointed with me. They weren't going to tell me about any of it. But, they couldn't resist a story about the night a bunch of them joined a pool with the mayor, a good looking bachelor, they were waiting for him to get out. He wasn't budging. They laughed and laughed thinking how he politely engaged in conversations for hours and hours.

Well, was it worth it? What did you see? I asked.

You should have been there. They said.

He had someone bring him a towel.

Also name something you did do that you wish you hadn't.


The most resent thing was about my granddaughter's turtle. First off let it be known that I am a friend to all living things. At the time of the big turtle blunder, I had inherited, two ponies, two ferrets, and a white rabbit. So, when a creature suddenly comes into our house, I am generally its caregiver/overseer.
Jillian got a phone call from her friend. I have a turtle but I can't keep it will you take it PLEASE!

Sure how much work can a turtle be right?

The girl and her mom arrived within minutes. They were carrying a big clear plastic tub the size of a laundry basket, with a lid and air holes. They got it to the door but had to leave, as the mother was dragging the child to the car, she said." It likes vegetables."

The tub was heavy. I'm thinking rocks or water. Jillian opened the top. Gross... Stinky old veggies and sloppy water and large. pretty turtle with huge claws. Did I say huge claws? Oh yea

First...... 'Google this thing

Grandma cleans tub. Jillian holds turtle. Jillian puts turtle back in tub. The turtle acts insane. It puts its' nose in the North corner and claws at the tub. . The sound of claws frantically scratching the plastic persists. It is obvious that creature doesn't want to live in a tub. So I search the storage unit and pull out a larger aquarium to house the thing. Now there is swimmable water and land. But she wants to go north still. We know it's a she now because there are two turtle eggs in the water.

Jillian is frantic because she read that they need a sand bank to lay hundreds of eggs or else her wonderful, beautiful turtle, Shellby, might die.
So I ponder the problem and come up with a not-so-brilliant solution.. .. I put a stock water tank on the deck. I created a most pleasant environment for an egg laying turtle complete with a wire screen lid. The problem was. That turtle really wanted out and the first time the screen wasn't put back she escaped. And for that I am deeply full of regret.

© Copyright 2014 Simply Me (UN: evelyncase at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Simply Me has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/819616