*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820137-sermon-development
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#820137 added June 18, 2014 at 1:36pm
Restrictions: None
sermon development
I am in process still. I think life is the sermon. I am living the angst by writing and then erasing this part of the blog. I woke up and did my games and was quite distraught about it. I cannot ever win. I play and get myself frustrated because I am never good enough. That summarizes my sermonic growing edge. I am also finding out Julie has little or no time to go to Massachusetts. I am finding out also that I may have to go see Jan. The beat goes on.

1. Adam and Eve are faced with a rule and decide that God created the rule just so they can disobey it. God becomes an object of rule rather than the ruler.
2. Balaam is faced with what true riches are. There is a donkey willing to give his life to keep Balaam safe. There is the angel that forgives with the understanding he will do things in accordance with God's agenda, rather than in relationship to the riches Barak can offer.
3. Elijah is faced with the real presence of God beckoning persons to come closer and see who God is, rather than who they imagine God to be. The prophets of Baal and eventually Jezebel bring violence upon themselves by refusing to listen.

The New testament needs work. I am faced with the role of Zechariah's silence, Peter's denial, and Jesus exhorting people to wait. What does it have to do with listening rather than determining to speak. My gut says that In listening to God I learn that my own voice gets in the way of God showing the way.
The messages are similar. Cornelius reveals there are no favorites, John shares about a lighter burden and Paul true election.

I will stay on it.

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/820137-sermon-development