*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821467-The-Lost-Coin-is-ME
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#821467 added July 2, 2014 at 6:24pm
Restrictions: None
The Lost Coin is ME
I wondered what to write about today. I had nothing that seemed interesting. I went about my job and connected to my church webcast where the morning teaching is broadcast each day. I hummed and sang the songs. Then came testimony time. A woman stood. I know her. She is married to a cousin to the Walmart heirs. She has a wonderful testimony how she came to God and he made a change in her life.

This morning it was different. She said, " I want to thank you for praying for me. You didn't know me but when you prayed for the lost you were praying for me. Thank You. I was raised in an ungodly home. My father had just been released from prison and he and my mother were trying to get back together when a couple from this church came to talk to them. I was hiding behind the couch and when they left my parents said, "Well, that was fanaticism." But I marked that couple. They had something. We are a book read by all men. I saw love and it was that love that drew me to God. this morning I saw a coin, hidden behind a broom. There were 3 young boys in the kitchenette and I told them I saw a coin, it was silver. One said it wasn't worth his time, it was just a quarter. The other said where was it. I said if you look you'll find it. The youngest jumped up, found it and clutched it in his hand.

I was that lost coin. Somebody found me. Someone took the time to look for me behind the broom in the corner where it was swept and left by the refrigerator. That's me. Thank you. Thank you for praying for people like me. We have raised our children to know the way back, but there are children like me who weren't raised proper . Thank you, Thank you for spreading the love of God in every corner you can reach.For loving that kid that you might not want your kids to play with but you prayed for them. That was me. Thank you."

(song: Here I AM)
Here I am, here I am! 
I'm the one the Shepherd left the fold and found. 
There were ninety and nine, but He left the fold to find
One little lost lamb, and here I am.
I am full of love for the lost. I cry for them as the time of Christ's return is imminent. We need to see the lost saved and know that Heaven is their goal and eternal life. 

© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821467-The-Lost-Coin-is-ME