*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821607-The-Breaking-of-Dawn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1997141
Writing on thoughts, emotions and behaviors
#821607 added July 4, 2014 at 6:20am
Restrictions: None
The Breaking of Dawn
This morning I sat and watched the sunrise.  The first thought that entered my mind was "God has peeled away the night so that daylight can break through.  Layer by layer, the darkness rolled away.  With each layer peeled back the light began to show.  Peeled another few layers and pretty soon the darkness was gone.  The sun had not risen, but it was no longer night.  Dawn had broken through and started the day off just right.

Still sitting and looking out my window, I wondered how many of us choose not to believe in a supernatural being that can perform such magic.  Everywhere I look there is proof of such a being, and yet many look at the same things I see, and do not believe.  Outside my window, the birds have begun to rise and chirp and fly quickly by, and the leaves on the trees are swaying gently.  The grass is wet, and lying rather flat from the heavy rains that fell last night.

Peace abides as God peeled back the darkness and allow the light to appear.  Again, I thought, "What silence must have existed at the beginning of time, when God spoke and created the heavens and earth."  "How brilliant was the sun when he departed the day from the night?"  I wondered, if God had taken a moment to admire His handiwork, for after seeing this very sight for so many years, I still marvel at its beauty, and how powerful God must be.

Unseen at first, the many clouds drift by, changing shapes and positions as I focus on the breaking of dawn.  Some of the clouds or gray and heavy while others are light, and still others as dark as the receding night.  Moving swiftly, they make no sound, just moving on as God peels back the night!

Good morning world.  It is daylight.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/821607-The-Breaking-of-Dawn