*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822657-Keep-a-Check-on-Your-Eyes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1997141
Writing on thoughts, emotions and behaviors
#822657 added July 17, 2014 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Keep a Check on Your Eyes!
I am the Lord's child. The eye is feeling awesome this morning. Vision is coming back (when it gets the shot, it tends to stay partially closed, blurry, and crusty), no crust, clear as a whistle, and wide open. Not seeing much better yet, that usually takes about a week. M job is to be patience and wait on the Lord. Me, I've got nothing but time, so I shall wait patiently and prayerfully.

To everyone that has this same condition, know that God is a healer; that he has given man the knowledge and the skills to treat AMD. As with anything, EARLY detection offers the best potential for saving your sight. Yesterday in the doctor's office, one of the videos stated that three million people lose their sight each year (3,000,000). Many of them COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED had they gotten early treatment.

Thank God, I kept my eye appointments, first every two years, then every year, then every six months, and then every three months. However, none of those caught the instant that the veins in my eye busted, but because we knew what they looked like two months prior, we knew we caught it early. See things moving in your peripheral vision, and there is nothing there? You are not crazy. Could be floaters or it could be blood moving around your eyes. Don't wait, do what I did. Get to your eye doctor. Describe what is going on, get diagnosed and treated. You will be glad that you did.

Funny thing, once I started talking and sharing my experience, a number of my friends have been diagnosed and are in treatment. One girlfriend said that she would rather die than get a needle in her eye. Well, she did not die, but she has had to get the needle in her eye and have surgery on her eye. Prior to both, she was declared legally blind in one eye. Her disease appears to be different from mine, but offer the same long term results if not treated, BLINDNESS!

Our eyes may seem to always work, and for the most part they do, but they need our help to stay healthy. I did not learn about vitamins for my eyes until a few years ago, but there are vitamins for your eyes. If you are over fifty (50) or have some eye issues, maybe you should talk to your doctor about taking a good eye vitamin. My doctor prescribed Ocuvite for me. I take it daily with my other pills. Can't tell you if it is working or not, but, I am still seeing rather well, and my last eye test says that my sight is still fairly good. Show can't hurt. By the way, you can get Ocuvite over the counter without a prescription.

I was not prepared to write any of this, but something in my heart and head kept pushing me to put this on paper because someone else may need to read it. I hope that it helps you to act on your need, and that you will get those eyes tested. The SOONER, THE BETTER!

Stay blessed, and have a most outstanding day.

© Copyright 2014 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822657-Keep-a-Check-on-Your-Eyes