*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822122-tennis-anyone
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #1944628
I will share the many thoughts that invade my introspective soul.
#822122 added July 9, 2014 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
tennis anyone
I am just starting to notice that I am not as young as I used to be. My nephew is all excited to play me in tennis and basketball. He is sure at the age of fifteen he can beat me. I can not dispute that fact. I am not as young as I used to be. *Shock*

I have played tennis most of my life. I am learning quickly that my body is not cooperating with my attempts to get ready. My body wears down a lot quicker and certain parts of my body ache. My hand is arthritic some days and it can hurt to grab the racket. Most recently I have had trouble with my right ankle turning after a brief time of turning in a quick movement. Practice is touchy. I used to practice for hours. Now a days I am good to attempt a thirty minute session in which I see balls fly over the backboard. I can rally the ball some. It just too darn inconsistent to suit me. *RollEyes*

I think doubles will probably be my sanctuary. I have always excelled in making good decisions there. It is just kind of hard to want to let Seth down. I have a lot of junk shots. Maybe I could mess him up and not have to rely on athleticism and hand to eye coordination where he has me beat. He can easily fun five miles in about thirty minutes. I struggle to do three miles in the same amount of time. He also plays basketball in leagues and baseball is his favorite sport. I am learning that to play is the ultimate joy. I recall my grandfather's ability to beat me when I was a teenager. Of course I was never much of an athlete. Back in those days it was just fun to play. Papa had all kinds of spin and quick serves. I was forever at his mercy. I am about to go full circle. I am the same age my grandfather was. I am glad to still be able to play and it make me feel even better to have someone want to play with me, even if it is their intent to beat me. Tennis anyone!!!!*Pthb*

© Copyright 2014 drifter (UN: peterson4279 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
drifter has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822122-tennis-anyone