*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822199-Wednesday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#822199 added July 9, 2014 at 10:22pm
Restrictions: None
Wednesday
Another day draws to a close. We had intended to have afire tonight, but changed our minds because we are just too tired to stay up. We didn't get up early at all today, but I was up and down most of the night. I didn't drink a lot yesterday, but sure did have a lot of liquids coming out throughout the night. I think a lot of it was retention of fluids, inflammation and swelling, and of course I did drink a couple of bottled of beer by the fire before bed.

My mouth is doing great, but still a little sore. Not bad, but a little right around the area the tooth was in. So far it seems to be healing up fine, and I just have a couple of more days to be extra careful around the area, then it should be pretty good. I do have one more day off, so by Friday I should be doing fine with that. My back, on the other hand is not doing much better at all. I have determined it is not the kidney, and that in itself is good news.

Instead, it's been determined that it's the sciatic nerve pinching and causing all this pain and discomfort. Rhonda worked the back muscles real good today with some massage and stretches, then we put a tens unit on it. For anyone not familiar with a Tens Unit, it's short for, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation. The devise isn't much bigger than some smart phones, has four leads that come out of it, and connects to four sticky conductor pads. Rhonda positioned the pads on the area of the hip, and the sciatic nerve region, then hooked me up to the tens unit and for most of the afternoon, I stimulated the nerves with an electrical current.

It did the trick, I was able to go into town and do some shopping with her this afternoon. Of course, it's an all day event when we go shopping, and we enjoy it a lot. Today we kind of cut things short, and made it back home by a little after six this evening. Then, it was a matter of putting things away and just relaxing for a while. I took the Tens Unit off after we got home and it's doing better, but beginning to get sore again. Not as bad as it has been, but it's still hurting some. I'm hoping a good nights rest will help it get even better, and perhaps tomorrow I can get another deep massage from Rhonda, then use the Tens Unit some more.

That was pretty much the whole day, coffee out on the patio, run into town and shop for the afternoon, grab a bite to eat at McDonald's and then come home, relax for a bit, do a Bible study, and then get in here and write my entry. After, we will have ice cream and watch something on Netflix, then it's off to bed. We are wanting to get up earlier tomorrow and get a full day in. I haven't really planned anything for tomorrow, because things tend to change so fast on our days off. I'm not even sure on the weather, if it's going to be nice, thunderstorms, or what.

Today was pretty nice, but very humid, and pretty hot. We had thought about burning some brush and a downed tree in the back, but it was too late when we got home, and with my back acting up again, it's not the best timing for a burn. There is also another tree, still standing, that is mostly dead. It may catch fire as well, and if it does, it will come down. That means I may have to use the chain saw and cut it up some, and with my back all messed up right now, that's not possible.

Maybe next week we can burn it all up, and cut up anything we need to. Again, it will depend on the weather, my back, and getting the saw running and ready. That in itself kind of depends on my back, too. Since there is no way of telling what the weather will be or how my back is going to be doing, there isn't any sense in planning anything. It's sometimes better to wait and see how things turn out.

If my back permits, I may get some odds and ends done tomorrow, but all in all, I'm looking at a relaxing day of resting up and getting ready to work all weekend. I also have  to get some paperwork done for work, and I should try and get a hold of a few people and set up some interviews. Again, well kind of leave it as tentative, pending on what's going on tomorrow and how I feel.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822199-Wednesday