*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822482-Saturday
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#822482 added July 13, 2014 at 12:23am
Restrictions: None
Saturday
Getting pretty late and I'm just getting in here to write. It's my twelve hour day at work, but it ran over a bit and ended up a thirteen hour day by the time I got clocked out. Then, I went around back to say goodby to Rhonda and ended up working another half hour to help her out. Only, this was off the clock, so it didn't count. By the time I got home, I was beat, and needed a nice nap.

Part of the reason was the long day, but even more, the short night leading into it. I had only about four hours of sleep, and that was interrupted by bathroom calls about once an hour. The biggest problem for sleeping was the same thing that kept me up so late in the first place, the heat. It was hotter than a biscuit yesterday, and very humid. I thought I was going to have a heat stroke, or heat exhaustion for a little while right after work. I felt faint, dizzy, and sick to my stomach, but it soon passed and I felt fine again. It probably was just overheating and not drinking enough water.

I drank water, but not enough. I was sweating pretty hard and just sipping on my water, trying to make it last. I know I didn't drink enough, since I didn't have to use the bathroom most of the afternoon, and into the evening. Of course, once I was done work, I got some water and did drink more, then when I got home, drank some more, and even had a couple of cans of beer after that. Finally around eight last night I had to go to the bathroom. I was still thirsty, so I drank some 7-Up mixed with pink grapefruit juice, and another glass of water. I did have to use the bathroom again before bed, and was feeling pretty good by this time. Of course, I was up three or four times in the few hours I had to sleep to use the bathroom, as a result of all the water.

I needed it, but it was too late to drink that much without consequence. So, about four hours of sleep, then up and off to work. It was cooler this morning and it felt good. That was part of the problem, it was just too hot in the house to sleep. I need to cut some plywood and mount the window A/C units so we can use them, but have not had time to do that yet. I wanted to get that done this last week, but after the tooth removal and the infection and sickness I suffered, there just wasn't any way.

So, cooler today, but I was so tired. It rained and stormed a little this morning, then just rain for the rest of the morning, until about two this afternoon. This made it cool and with the wind, even cold. I wasn't complaining, but sure would have enjoyed this weather more had it moved in yesterday afternoon. Even so, it was a nice break from the heat, but by three, it was getting hot -- not as hot as yesterday -- and humid. We received quite a lot of rain, and with the heat, it was getting pretty muggy, pretty fast.

I was suppose to work until five this afternoon, but it was so slow most of the day, I probably could have clocked out earlier. Well, except for the fact that it was Saturday and could get busy at any given time. And, it did.

It got busy after the rain stopped, and by five, when I should have been clocking out, it was backing up in the yard. A couple of big, and kind of messed up loads had some to do with it backing up, but it was just that busy, too. It finally calmed down enough that I could leave around a quarter to six. I walked the yard, talked to a couple of people for a minute or two, then clocked out and left.

I was going to drive straight home, but changed my mind and decided to drive around back and tell Rhonda goodby. I knew she would enjoy it, and I was already kind of missing her, so around back to see her for a minute, tell her I love her and to be careful and safe. But, when I got there, she had a line forming and was looking pretty busy, so I got out and grabbed a scanner and jumped in to help.

Luckily it wasn't real busy and we soon had the traffic cleared and a few minutes of quiet to talk before I left. Then it was a quiet drive home, fighting off the sleepiness, and then take the dogs out. After, I decided to try a nap, but it was still very hot in the house, so I couldn't sleep. I moved to my recliner by the open window, which had a nice cool breeze coming in, and I did fall asleep, but woke in a few minutes with some leg cramps. I worked them out, got comfortable again and soon dozed off, again. And again, in a few minutes, I was wide awake with some very tight stomach cramps.

Not like being sick, but in the abdominal muscles, they were tight and cramping, and it hurt. Once I had them worked out some, I got up, and took a cool shower to see if that would help lessen the cramps. It did, but by the time I was done, it was time for Rhonda to come home, then visit a bit, enjoy some ice cream, and now she's napping in her chair while I write, and when I finish, it's off to bed for us.

It's cooler tonight, and hopefully we can keep the windows open and a fan going in them, to cool the house down so we can sleep better. Tomorrow it's another long day at work, but I don't have to go in as early, and it's only nine hours and should be slower. I do have a lot of work to get done from home, so hopefully I'm not so tired and can get things done.

But, that means I need to get my weary butt off to bed -- right now.

© Copyright 2014 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/822482-Saturday